Corsair Community

Double Shot Key Caps

Corsair Henry

Which color keycaps and Material do you prefer?  

250 members have voted

1. 1. Which color keycaps and Material do you prefer?

• Black Keycaps + ABS
    • Black Keycaps + PBT
    • White keycaps + ABS
    • White keycaps + PBT
    • numbers + Legends side by side ( better lighting)
    • Single Thickness
    • Double thickness

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've had my order in with Amazon since October 18th, still not shipped. But this is par for the course with Corsair, sadly. I waited many (MANY) months to get my K95 RGB with MX Blue switches.

Though I have discovered that Corsair has been worth the wait. My K95 with MX Blues is a masterpiece, and was worth the wait. I am just figuring these keycaps will be worth the wait too. Heck, I've been waiting for these since February 26th, 2016. It's been 623 days, what's another couple weeks? :bigeyes:

• 2 weeks later...

I just got my white doubleshots today and they're pretty great. While the font is a bit gaudy (the font used on older Corsair boards would've been better for me), the feel, sound and look (again, minus font) are otherwise amazing. I'm glad this was done in the first place. Also, on the white caps, the light bleed is managed perfectly--that is, there is none. The light only shines through the legend, unlike on the white Vortex set, where there is some light bleed.

One thing to note: When removing the keycaps from the holder, you might notice some black residue on the edges of some of the keys. This can be wiped off pretty easily (at least, for me it was easy). It's only really an issue for those of you getting the white caps, as you'd barely be able to see it (if at all) on the black caps.

TL;DR, they're great!

Edited by Leffen

I'm surprised none of you guys posted shots of your set installed. Guess I shall start...

Sweet! Now we need some pics of a keyboard with a mixture of both (black & white) key caps. Maybe have the top set of keys all white, including the WASD keys, and all the rest in black. Hmmmm, maybe the numpad keys could be white too. Alright, who's gonna buy both sets and do this? :laughing:

same boat as me... how can we get pbt doubleshot keycaps for the k95 platinum? I cant find anything online

edit: i found these on amazon now after recent posts. cool. out of stock, but coming soon i guess. thanks!

Edited by cavity

Here is a set on my K95 RGB MX Blue at work. Pardon the absolutely horrid cell phone camera.

The G-keys are the stock keycaps, which let a bit more light through. I will have to go tweak my lighting profiles to darken them a hair to match the new keys.

The new keycaps feel amazing, though. Since I use that keyboard 10 hours/day, I think it was worth the cost. Now I am trying to justify a 2nd set for my K95 at home too.

IMG_20171128_171015.thumb.jpg.c387d4b42261c22c3edddaf20b253409.jpg

• Corsair Employee
I just spent $200 for the K95 Platinum...these should have been on the Keyboard for that price. I already have keys with paint wearing off and scratched. Would I be able to RMA the keys and have them upgraded to these?

If we had the Double Shot keycaps available at the original launch date for the K95 Platinum, that might have made a lot of sense, but we do have them now though. We aren't able to upgrade to the Double Shots, but if you submit a ticket, we can replace the damaged keycaps with new ones.

If we had the Double Shot keycaps available at the original launch date for the K95 Platinum, that might have made a lot of sense, but we do have them now though. We aren't able to upgrade to the Double Shots, but if you submit a ticket, we can replace the damaged keycaps with new ones.

I hope in the future you'll consider including these with top keyboards. 👍