Notices

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-16-2016, 06:51 PM
Bearded Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 871629
Technobeard Reputation: 68
Default Discuss Link v4.3.0.154 here

This will be the official discussion thread for Link v4.3.0.154.

If you'd like to report a bug, please respond to this thread in this format:
  1. Version of your Link software. NOTE: If you're not using v4.3.0.154, please install it and see if the bug has been fixed.
  2. What version of Windows you're using.
  3. Summary - One line / sentence explaining the issue
  4. Detailed description of the issue - This part can be as long as you want. It should be detailed enough so that we can clearly identify the issue and attempt to replicate it.
  5. Attach photos of the issue to the post that help #4.

Quote:
09/14/2016 - Corsair Link Software Update Version 4.3.0.154

Changelog:
  • Added option copy settings between similar devices (One fan to another fan, LED Lighting, etc.)
  • Option for application now to update automatically added
  • Added custom curve option for PSU Fans
  • AXi Series PSU show more accurate power values at lower loads
  • Added BETA support for Vengeance LED memory modules. Z170 Platforms ONLY
    • Change from Default lighting (Pulsing) to static
    • When “static” is selected brightness can be configured
    • Brightness allows the dimming of the LED on the memory modules, including turning the LED off completely
  • Now graph window is able to remain open after minimizing main window
  • Add new skin without hex pattern background

Old 09-16-2016, 07:10 PM

POST ID # = 871632
drminer Reputation: 10

I am running Windows 10 Pro (v1607, x64). I tried v4.3.0.154. It detected my Intel SSD, which the previous version did not. That was nice! Unfortunately, the Corsair Link 4 service crashes upon shutdown. It also crashes when the computer enters sleep mode. Also, most of my previous configuration settings did not carry over. I have reverted back to the previous version for now. The sleep mode issue worries me.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-17-2016, 10:34 AM
Lou0717's PC Specs

POST ID # = 875815
Lou0717 Reputation: 10

[IMG][/IMG]
Quote:
Originally Posted by drminer View Post
I am running Windows 10 Pro (v1607, x64). I tried v4.3.0.154. It detected my Intel SSD, which the previous version did not. That was nice! Unfortunately, the Corsair Link 4 service crashes upon shutdown. It also crashes when the computer enters sleep mode. Also, most of my previous configuration settings did not carry over. I have reverted back to the previous version for now. The sleep mode issue worries me.

Old 11-03-2016, 07:27 AM
vampyren's PC Specs

POST ID # = 877784
vampyren Reputation: 10

Quote:
I have had the crash since forever. When ever computer enters sleep I see first som .net related crash and right after Corsair Link crash. Have reported this but no help on the matter.
I thought it was solved by changing region to US but nope it came back.

Old 01-28-2017, 07:04 PM
howardbg1's PC Specs

POST ID # = 888950
howardbg1 Reputation: 10

Quote:
I have exactly the same issues and setup and have been waiting for a fix for what seems like an eternity. Corsair could you please fix this crashing problem. It is the only piece of software that causes any issues on my computer! I'm at the point where I will never buy a Corsair product again, as I have never seen greater software incompetency.

Old 01-31-2017, 11:23 AM
denisgcarvalho's PC Specs

POST ID # = 889314
denisgcarvalho Reputation: 10

I setup new PC with Asus Maximus IX Code + i7 7700k kaby lake. Corsair link does not read any temperatures.
I already open the ticket in Corsair and do 72 hours without answers and no solutions ...
Regret it!
Attached Images
File Type: png CORSAIR.png (324.5 KB, 158 views)

Old 02-01-2017, 01:59 PM
Breimeister's PC Specs

POST ID # = 889487
Breimeister Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by denisgcarvalho View Post
I setup new PC with Asus Maximus IX Code + i7 7700k kaby lake. Corsair link does not read any temperatures.
I already open the ticket in Corsair and do 72 hours without answers and no solutions ...
Regret it!
Sorry to hear that but you are using cutting edge technology, a.k.a. the bleeding edge. At least Corsair Link does not crash your system.

You also have the Asus utilities available for Windows 10 64bit. Nothing for my Maximus VI Hero so I use Speedfan. Right now I have very little incentive to upgrade my system.

Old 02-01-2017, 02:14 PM
Banned
red-ray's PC Specs

POST ID # = 889490
red-ray Reputation: 81
Thumbs down Why is it only CL4 that fails to support Kaby Lake ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breimeister View Post
you are using cutting edge technology
So what? Why is it only CL4 that fails to sensibly report Kaby Lake based systems?

I added Kaby Lake support to SIV in July 2016 as did most other developers to their system monitoring utilities. It's only CL4 that is lacking this support which is simply down to Corsair lacking professional diligence.

Below you can see CL 4.3.0.154 reported one Corsair Vengeance LED DIMM, so it knows about the Z270 PCH SMBus controller so for it to fail to report Kaby Lake core temperatures is incompetent, as is only reporting one of the two DIMM LEDs.

Quote:

Last edited by red-ray; 02-01-2017 at 03:15 PM.

Old 09-16-2016, 08:45 PM
Astral85's PC Specs

POST ID # = 871640
Astral85 Reputation: 11

I have a quick question on upgrading/installing v4.3.0.154. At what point am I able to do an update rather than doing a full install? CL4 4.2 notified me about the update but sent me off to download the file rather than offering an upgrade option...

Since I now have the 4.3 install package should I uninstall CL4 4.2 first or just run the new package over the top?

Old 09-16-2016, 10:38 PM
bwrin's PC Specs

POST ID # = 871648
bwrin Reputation: 10

New to the forum.

I installed the update and I'm not sure what's happening. Fan speeds are all over the place, not responding to changes in profiles. The fan are spin way faster than they ever have, very noisey. No overheating or anything. Also, the Corsair logo on the pump went from white to red.

Old 09-16-2016, 11:00 PM

POST ID # = 871649
Landerx74 Reputation: 10

I am having the same issue where it will crash when my PC goes into sleep mode (or coming back from sleep mode). It also crashes when I reboot my PC. I am reverting back to the previous build until this is fixed. Hate seeing all those errors.

Old 09-19-2016, 01:00 PM
MKMike's PC Specs

POST ID # = 872023
MKMike Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwrin View Post
New to the forum.

I installed the update and I'm not sure what's happening. Fan speeds are all over the place, not responding to changes in profiles. The fan are spin way faster than they ever have, very noisey. No overheating or anything. Also, the Corsair logo on the pump went from white to red.
I have found the same problem with the fans. They are going all over the place with speed and generally noisier than they were on the previous version.

Old 09-19-2016, 06:30 PM
MrBeer's PC Specs

POST ID # = 872082
MrBeer Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKMike View Post
I have found the same problem with the fans. They are going all over the place with speed and generally noisier than they were on the previous version.

mind is doing the same thing went back to older version this new version is broken

Old 09-26-2016, 06:51 PM

POST ID # = 873143
lamedoo Reputation: 10
Default Same here too

Quote:
New to the forum.

I got so worried when fans started to act out like these. Now i went beck to previous version of the app and seems to be working fine.

Old 10-16-2016, 06:34 AM
CTV's PC Specs

POST ID # = 875599
CTV Reputation: 10

Quote:
New to the forum.

I am experiencing similar issues whereby fan RPMs are all over the show spinning up and down and does not respond to fan profile settings to try and stabilize it

Closed Thread