Corsair Community

Corsair K70 RGB MK.2

speancer

Hi,

I've been considering purchasing K70 MK.2, but there's one thing that holds me back. Recently I bought HyperX Alloy Elite, and I totally HATE the wrist rest which is included with the keyboard. It's too short to even cover my wrist, it's also hard as rock, hurting my hand.

Is the wrist rest included with K70 MK.2 any better than that?

Edited by speancer

I have the k55 RGB and the wrist rest finishes where my wrist starts, so back to a small folded towel a black one seems to look best lol...

The K55's wrist rest is quite small, roughly 5 - 6 cm, like the 1st gen K95/K70.

K70 MK2 has a similar wrist rest to the K95 Platinum. Only difference is that there is no rubber piece, meaning that it's just straight plastic with rubber coating.

In terms of width, it should be about 4 key rows thick or about 8cm.

If you were to get the black version, I would suggest purchasing a K95P instead. This keyboard has a more comfortable wrist rest with the magnetic, two-sided rubber piece mentioned earlier. You also get the addition of the "light edge" and 6 extra macro keys. The macro keys are useful for playing some games, or what I use them for, productivity (e.g. blender/photoshop or something) or system commands.

Edited by StrangeGeek

I used K70 MK.2 a little, and the wrist rest was still too small for my hands to add any comfort. I absolutely love Logitech or HyperX for their eco-leather memory foam wrist rests, they are wide and feel like a pillow.

So, I guess the dimensions of wrist rest in K95 is the same as K70 MK.2? Which means it would be too small anyway. That's a shame Corsair does not add memory foam wirst rests like some other brands. Even a cheap few-dolar memory foam wrist rest that I have is way better than stock K70 MK.2's one.

Seriously, just buy a decent one. Included ones will always be kind of poor quality to keep the overall costs down as most average users either don’t use them or don’t care. If they included a quality one the price would be higher and people would be complaining about paying a premium for something they don’t use.