Corsair Community

CUE Will not Uninstall

mordpheus

So, I just reset my PC because of this software refusing to uninstall (and other reasons). After the reset finished, I reinstalled CUE because I need it for surround sound to work on my VOID Headset. Now, it can't get the sidetone right and turns off the side tone when mic is not muted, and turns sidetone on when my mic is muted. Figuring I'll reinstall CUE *again* I keep getting an error saying that I may not have access to the file and/or do not have permissions.

I am the only user on this PC and have all admin rights. It's a x64 Windows 10 Pro machine.

Good news is, it worked. Bad news, it starts all over after reinstalling CUE so this seems to be a permanent issue. Other bad news, CUE is now confusing when to turn sidetone on and off in the latest update (2.23.40). It's fine when first starting the headset (tone on when not muted), but if I need to mute, sidetone does not turn off, as well as sidetone turning off after unmuting the mic. Only way to correct it seems to be to either adjust tone volume in CUE or to toggle it by holding the mute button on the headset.

The sidetone issue is a known issue.

What's starting all over again after reinstalling CUE? The error message?

The error with trying to uninstall. Don't need to try anymore, since sidetone is a known issue (and will hopefully be fixed), but just not having the option to easily uninstall is an annoyance.

Anywho, I thank you for your help, and will consider this resolved.

Archived