Corsair Community

Typing Lighting mod suggestion

pedroigor

Hello Corsair development team!

I have recently invested in a K95 platinum keyboard with ABNT2 format. I have been using it for a bit over a month now and I'm loving it. Congratulations for its excellent build quality!

There are many ways to customize how the lighting is displayed in your keyboards, and I think this is really awesome.

But I would like to suggest an increment to the typing lighting when a key is pressed that I think its not possible to do right now: instead of just alternating between two colors, I would like it to show the second color that I choose if it is pressed again during the light effect. That would really help identify if a key was pressed accidentally two times or just once.

For example: if I press the letter A once, it should light green. But if I quickly press A while its still green, it should switch its color to red.

I don't think is possible to set the typing lighting to do that with iCUE at its current version, am I right?

I hope I made my point clear here, please reply if you liked my suggestion or if its possible to implement it in the near future.

Thank you for your attention!

Also, a second question: Is there a way to activate an effect (like setting a key color) on a toggle key (Caps-Lock, Num-Lock, Scroll-Lock) when the toggle is on?

Because it would be cool if I could, for example, turn the Caps-Lock key red, only when Caps-Lock is on.

There's a hacky way to do it - set up a Gradient effect, that starts and stops on key-press. That just switches the color when the key is pressed, but it gets out of sync (the effect is active when Num-Lock is off - opposite of what we want.) I'm hoping there's a way that an effect can be tied directly to the state of a toggle key.

That's an excellent suggestion, meldroc. Indeed the ripple effect could signal a double click. But this effect has no precision on what key was pressed. I look at my keyboard rarely just when I want to glance if I typed something accidentally, and it would be nice to know if I stroked a specific key once or twice.

If you want to make a toggle light effect for a switch like Caps Lock, that is fairly easy to do. Add effect +, Solid, fill the color field with your choice, and set Start to "on key pressed" and Stop to "on key press". Click in the keyboard image to de-select the entire keyboard, then selectively apply it to Caps Lock (or wherever).

I was going to say there are innumerable problems with effecting a lighting mode to trigger an double tap "error warning light", but it seems there is a number and someone already made a list. I am not sure how this would help you, even if aardvark is not on your normal use list.

http://www.yougowords.com/double-consonants

http://www.yougowords.com/double-vowels