Corsair Community

Lightning node pro disconnect and riconnect randomly

Jaccozz

I have 8 led strips connected to a lighting node pro (4 in one input and 4 in the other), the lightning node pro is connected to the commander pro that is connected to the Asus Crosshair Hero VIII. Totally randomly disconnects and reconnects reproducing the classic sound, even from the iCUE panel you can see that it goes away and then returns.

I don't understand what the problem is.

the commander is new and has never given me such problems.

Someone have a solutions?

I have a similar issue. Also using Asus Crosshair Hero VIII and I've got a 3900x in it.

I have H115i, 6 LL120 fans and 4strip LED connecting to commander pro and lighting node pro. I get occasional USB disconnect sounds and I see the lights on the case default to hardware lighting for a second then flash back to icue profile.

I've tried uninstalling icue but the issue keeps happening. Also turned off USB power savings via power plan options and via device manager.

I’m also getting random usb disconnects with a commander pro, 3900x and hero viii WiFi. It’s been annoying the hell out of me all trying to find the problem. Is this software ever going to work with Ryzen 3000. I’m gutted I’ve spent all this money on a new system only for the Corsair components not to function as they should. I nearly did a clean install. Should have known it was icue

Some things to look at ...

1) Make sure that XHCI Handoff is enabled in the BIOS.

2) Make sure that Fast Boot is OFF in the BIOS.

3) Disable Windows Fast Startup (https://www.windowscentral.com/how-disable-windows-10-fast-startup)

4) Make sure that you've installed the latest USB drivers for the chipset.

I have just performed these steps. As the issue can take some time to replicate I will monitor over the next day and report back. Thanks for the suggestions.

Edit:

Issue is repeating even after performing the steps above.

Edited by Zennie

• 9 months later...

I just added a Lighting Node PRO and 3 LL120/140 RGB fans to my system with an ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero motherboard and like the other posters started to hear the USB disconnect sounds. I even tried another Lighting Node PRO thinking that the first one might be defective. It too did the same thing. I've run USBDeview (https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/usb_devices_view.html) and verified that it is in fact the Lighting Node PRO that is disconnecting. I've updated the BIOS on my Crosshair VIII Hero to the latest (2103 - 06/19/2020) and installed the latest AMD chipset drivers (2.04.28.626). I've also followed the four steps below.

1) Make sure that XHCI Handoff is enabled in the BIOS.

2) Make sure that Fast Boot is OFF in the BIOS.

3) Disable Windows Fast Startup (https://www.windowscentral.com/how-d...0-fast-startup)

4) Make sure that you've installed the latest USB drivers for the chipset.

I'm running Windows 10 Professional version 1909.

What I can't understand is that my system will sometimes run for hours without making the disconnect sound but will turn around and do it 10 times in less than 60 seconds. Has anyone found a solution to this problem? I'm about to build another system and was also going to go with the ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero and a Corsair Lighting Node PRO with six LL120 RGB fans. This problem has me thinking twice about using those same components.

USBDeview.thumb.jpg.825f9832afee4079410c58661e89b692.jpg