Corsair Community

Asus P4C800-E & Corsair XMS3200LL (no TwinX!)

Pepe

Hi! I just searched around in the internet to get information about my Memory Modules and now I am here - I think at the right adress. I'm using the following system: Intel P4 3,0 FSB800 Asus P4C800-E BIOS 1014 2 x Corsair XMS3200LL in Dual Mode MSI GF4-4400 VTD My problem is, that the modules "only" run at 2,5-3-2-6 via SPD. When I configure them at 2-3-2-6 I get BSOD and several other probs like Antivirus Shield can not be loaded, IE causes errors etc.. When I raise the voltage to 2,75V, setting System Performance to Turbo, they run at 2-2-2-5 via SPD. Remembering that the both modules are not a matched TwinX Pair, is it possible that the modules does not work together or even are defective? Or is there something special I have to take notice of? I think that normally the BIOS should let them run at 2-3-2-6 without changing anything, shouldn't it? The printing on both modules is exactly the same but on the one timings are 2-2-2-6 on the other 2-3-2-6 So what can I do? Change them? Take another product like the XMS3200 without LL? Thank you for answering!! PS: I'm from germany... Hope my english is OK...

Archived