Corsair Community

recommend corsair ram 3000, or 3200mhz

pmdureska

I am assembling parts for a build for my son. getting the Asus rog strix z90-E. was trying figure out which Ram. I looked at the Asus QVL but very few on the list are even for sale or are not what I need (2x8Gb sticks) at the usual vendors like Amazon and Newegg. Plus the Asus QVL not updated since January of this year. So, I would like a recommendation. I was trying to use the memory tool from corsair but it would only load like 15 products and when I clicked on the load more...nothing. is that thing even working? He wants RGB ram if possible but again that really limits the choice. I have used corsair and gskill in the past on several builds and they have worked well. I am just not wanting to order something then find out not compatible (or more likely some other issue like a bad board...I had that happen and the stupid company kept saying its, the ram or the psu etc. Thanks to all who respond

In the 18 years of building PCs, I'm yet to encounter a compatibility issue with any brand of memory and motherboard, I've even use generic and not a problem.

I've used Geil, Patriot, Crucial, G.Skill, Team, and here's one you've never heard of probably: KLEVV, Kingston, HyperX, Corsair Value, Dominator Platinum, and the list goes on.

Basically and what I'm saying is, buy any Corsair modules, they'll work. Out of all the brands I've bought and used over the years, I only buy Corsair or Hyper X or Fury. I don't have much faith in G.Skill anymore.

thanks Nazgul. I have built 5 systems over the past few years using both Corsair and then GSkill the past two builds. all have worked flawlessly. I am not sure if I actually checked the QVL for the motherboards for the Ram purchase but I think I have been reading too many reviews researching this build for my son. all the mother boards have been Asus and I had one bad board (my very first build). Care to comment why you have lost faith in GSkill? thanks again for responding. I just could not get the memory finder to work in the corsair site. well likely i'll just buy 2 sticks of either corsair (probably corsair) or Gskill and be doen with it.

G.Skill used to be great IMO, but to me from DDR3 to this date, they just put as many variations of their RAM, it's just the same modules but different names and heat-sinks from what it seems. I don't even remember how many are there.........

Also, my G.Skill DDR4 3000 kit won't do 3000, it's stuck at 2966. It won't do higher than that either. They can do the 3000MHz, problem is the system won't boot normally, I have to reset the PC at least 2,3 times till it finally boots, so they're set to 2966 and I won't have to deal with that rebooting issue. And that's on a Z170 chipset ASUS board.

Ever since I bought DDR back in early 2000s, I've never had an issue with Corsair, and I bought G.Skill DDR4 just to save a few bucks and look what happened. Can't run at the advertised speed.

Now I have 32GB of Dominator Platinum 3200MHz.....just running a tad higher and they're doing it effortlessly, just like my Dominators with Micron D9s, but that was DDR2 I think.

yes, I have used dominator in 2 builds and flawless. I ( or my son haha) may have to consider paying a bit more for 2 sticks of dominator. boy I just read these threads and its like the Ram issue is big thing. so I worry a bit if what I can get is not on the QVL. I really worry more about getting a board that does not work or is working wonky since out of 5 builds I had one bad board. thanks for your insight.