Corsair Community

Corsair Virtuoso RGB dongle non stop flashing red after the laster ICUE Update .95

LordSabathan

Corsair Virtuoso RGB dongle non stop flashing red after the laster ICUE Update 3.26.95.

I repluged the donge and restart icue and pc .Headset is working but it suppose to be white light ,but its flashing red all the time.

And my icue show like i have 5 headsets (1) (1)(1)(1)(1) - i dunno what suppose to mean.Sometimes it stop flashing and no light at the dongle at all.

I just wanted to report the incorrect dongle behavior after the latest update( and flashing red all the time kinda distract me at dark room).

Almost the same issue here. Dongle flashing red non stop or no light at all. As well when charging or in wired mode not switching off, iCue software crashing every 10-15 mins if the plugin is on and the Memory have red triangle or not showing in the software at all.

Just bought the virtuoso SE today, headset is amazing and works great but having the same issue. In wireless mode, dongle is flashing red even though the headset works fine. After a period of time it just stops flashing and there's no light.

Really annoying. Hoping for a quick fix soon.

Any update on this I am also running into the same issue and mine say Dongle Version.? No number listed on it. Can't sync the headset to it either. =/

Some of the info I have on another post.

"The USB dongle has been going solid white then black and then red blinking. I replace the iCue software, even got one from the forum version 3.25.56. Now on the Virtuoso dongle section shows Dongle Firmware v.? but the headset version is 0.17.149.

System Info:

System OS: Windows 10 Build 1909"

Just bought the virtuoso SE today, headset is amazing and works great but having the same issue. In wireless mode, dongle is flashing red even though the headset works fine. After a period of time it just stops flashing and there's no light.

Really annoying. Hoping for a quick fix soon.

yes ! Same issue me too. Need fix this problem

Dongle of the HS70 is also constantly being disconnected since the latest iCUE version. What a horrible update, arent they testing their stuff before releasing it as a stable update to the public? Those massive issues happen again and again, they really need to massively improve in QA and betatesting if such obvious and groundbreaking issues dont get covered during testing!

• 2 weeks later...

We all know how much we paid for this headset. I demand a refund or partial payment as I did not consent to being an unpaid beta-tester for your product.

This is one of a handful of issues I've experienced with this product, and honestly, it's getting old.

Your company, as with so many others, have chosen to cut corners in every way possible and it is BEYOND sickening. I can understand this model if you were into selling budget-friendly devices, but when you're selling a supposedly "premium" product, I expect NOTHING but the best. This is especially considering the exorbitant mark-up for your profits.

As a company, you should be ashamed to trade your corporate reputation in the name of cutting costs. I know for sure, I would never recommend this company to anyone in my social circle... Which, mind you, word-of-mouth is, by far, your LARGEST source of purchase credibility.

I will be sure to make note of this, and the plenty of other issues, known to everyone I deal with in my particular community.

And while I may not be of much influence to the larger scale of operations, I know for a fact that it only takes but so much for your consumer base to decline.

I'm sure if you'd release your financial statements, we would see the negative growth of your company and it's cut-tail practices.

Fix your product, or hand out refunds for this utterly pathetic over-priced cash-grab.

Been having the same issues as everyone else on here but no idea where it came from??? Got this headset November last year as a birthday present and for weeks it was absolutely superb but lately it's been acting so weird. Dongle constantly flashing red although the headset is connected. Headset auto powers down when on the desk, when you put it on it makes the sound to tell you it wakes up but can't reconnect and the headset flashes red. Need to unplug the dongle and plug it back in to reconnect it, plugging it in via USB does not re establish the connection!

Audio crackles and cuts out momentarily (usually within game).

This headset is fast becoming one of my most useless pieces of kit. Before this I was using the Hyper X cloud II's with the SteelSeries audio DAC and the sound was pretty darn good. I wanted the Virtuosos because finally it seemed like a decent wireless headset had been produced that wasn't an extortionate price (looking at you steelseries) and what started out as a great bit of kit is now becoming troublesome with issues basically every time I use them!

What's going on??

I am overly frustrated... as you can probably tell I am a #corsairfreak as my whole setup is supporting their childrens college funds!

My headset has been having the "crackling" when on wireless for a few weeks (I purchased the headset about a month ago now). The crackling was annoying, I had figured it was the battery getting low, so I would just switch over to the USB connection and let it charge, this seemed to work for a bit.

Now as of this last week, the wireless doesn't work at all. The dongle has been flashing red. I can sometimes get it to connect with a full system reboot, but then that is not foolproof solution either. I have uninstalled iCUE, removed the headset drivers and reinstalled. It seems to be ok for a few hours/day then problem persists again.

I work from home currently and have to take work calls, using my headset (aside from my gaming purposes) and this is becoming very annoying that a $200 headset would have such issues. I didn't pay for a WIRED headset on purpose!

CORSAIR you NEED to fix this or respond to this forum post to at least acknowledge this widespread issue!

I filed a ticket for this

I am overly frustrated... as you can probably tell I am a #corsairfreak as my whole setup is supporting their childrens college funds!

My headset has been having the "crackling" when on wireless for a few weeks (I purchased the headset about a month ago now). The crackling was annoying, I had figured it was the battery getting low, so I would just switch over to the USB connection and let it charge, this seemed to work for a bit.

Now as of this last week, the wireless doesn't work at all. The dongle has been flashing red. I can sometimes get it to connect with a full system reboot, but then that is not foolproof solution either. I have uninstalled iCUE, removed the headset drivers and reinstalled. It seems to be ok for a few hours/day then problem persists again.

I work from home currently and have to take work calls, using my headset (aside from my gaming purposes) and this is becoming very annoying that a $200 headset would have such issues. I didn't pay for a WIRED headset on purpose!

CORSAIR you NEED to fix this or respond to this forum post to at least acknowledge this widespread issue!

I filed a ticket for this

Im currently use ICUE version 3.24.52 .For all people who have problems with Virtuoso, should try this version.The new versions are buggy for me.

Im currently use ICUE version 3.24.52 .For all people who have problems with Virtuoso, should try this version.The new versions are buggy for me.

I am using version 3.25.60 with my virtuoso without any issues.

I use the latest Firmware &iCUE Software and today I got a replacement Headset from Corsair - but this is the proof, its not the Hardware. Its happening even with the new headset.. so its a clear software issue and need to be solved by Corsair! SOON!

Its really distracting if you're ingame and have these 1-3 sec. stutterst and sound losses every 5 to 10 minutes...

Please Corsair! Fix it!

Same issue here.

Every boot up the headphones connect, white light on dongle for about 5 seconds, changes to flashing red for a few minutes, then goes dark.

Wireless connection seems to continue to work. But I do get the occasional crackles.

Running the latest firmware and iCUE. Uninstall and reinstall of iCUE and drivers have no effect.

The headset worked great from December until a few weeks ago then it all fell apart. Disappointing Corsair!!

Okay, another test.

Installed the iCUE software on my mac - everything works perfectly fine! White solid light on the receiver and not even one stutter or crackle during a long session of using the headset.

So its 100% a Windows 10 related software issue...

Hope this helps maybe someone at corsair to solve the problem soon!

• 4 weeks later...

Having the same issue.

Ever since I got this headset I've regretted it.

From day one it would disconnect and reconnect at random times driving me crazy!

This needs a fix.

We're paying a premium for something that works %70 of the time unless you have this ridiculous red flashing issue.

I'm pretty done with this!

Needs to be fixed NOW!!!

Almost the same issue here. Dongle flashing red non stop or no light at all. As well when charging or in wired mode not switching off, iCue software crashing every 10-15 mins if the plugin is on and the Memory have red triangle or not showing in the software at all.

Quick Tip, un-install iCue, TURN OFF COMPUTER..

Unplug Dongle, turn on... let it run for a minute or so.. so Windows cleans it boot routine..

Plug in Dongle..

Then on a New Start.. let Windows 10, work out the Music, Sound..

Re-Charging? Grab an Old Samsung Charger, use it to Charge Headphones..

Want EQ, etc..

Install..Equalizer_APO_64-bit_2841073422

Free Program, has More than iCue, can catch up with..

My Dongle is Now Solid White.. all the time..

• 3 weeks later...

Had to make an account to echo the same thing.

Virtuoso SE iQue 3.29.110

Firmware 0.17.149 and 0.16.80 for dongle and headset

I just bought these and updated them. It was a mistake. Feel pretty let down for spending this money and having this happen. I need a fix for this or access to the legacy firmware that works.

What do we have to do? Take to twitter and harass corsair to get it working?

Please if anyone has an idea to working firmware combination please let me know.