Corsair Community

Ryzen and DOCP failure with Dominator 3600mhz RAM

Daknarian

Hey everyone. This may have been answered already but I cant find the answer.

I just got this rig running, and cant for the life of me enable the DOCP for my RAM. I read everywhere that the sweet spot for Ryzen is 3600mhz. Everytime I enable DOCP. I get boot cycle and eventual failure.

3950x cpu

Dominator 64GB RAM 3600mhz

X570 Crosshair VIII Hero

Latest Bios version

All Default settings in DOCP

Edited by Daknarian
Added more

Is the ram kit you have on the motherboard QVL? thats the first place to start. If it is not on the QVL it has not been tested for compatibility.

What you can do and what I would do next is start my matching the settings of a 3000Mhz identical kit, and test it with Prime95 (Enable high memory use).

Then move up to 3200MHz then 3400Mhz equiv kits and see how close you can get. Once find the stable settings matching these kits, you can do some real tweaking to get as close as you can.

Edited by Exmortis

Is the ram kit you have on the motherboard QVL? thats the first place to start. If it is not on the QVL it has not been tested for compatibility.

What you can do and what I would do next is start my matching the settings of a 3000Mhz identical kit, and test it with Prime95 (Enable high memory use).

Then move up to 3200MHz then 3400Mhz equiv kits and see how close you can get. Once find the stable settings matching these kits, you can do some real tweaking to get as close as you can.

Just pulled it up.

Its QVL at 3200mhz and not 3600mhz. This makes me sad.

Is it possible for a future update for this to be remedied? Or is that pretty much it. I need to settle at 3200mhz?

Just pulled it up.

Its QVL at 3200mhz and not 3600mhz. This makes me sad.

Is it possible for a future update for this to be remedied? Or is that pretty much it. I need to settle at 3200mhz?

Thats up to the vendor, however future BIOS updates may solve the issue, i think "memory compatibility" has shown up on almost every BIOS upgrade I have ever done lol so it may work.

But if you work up the settings bit by bit step by step you may get real close. And watch for fixes in BIOS updates and try, hey never know you may see it work at some point.

I have 3200MHz due to budget limitations I hit 5k with my upgrade so I just had to make some choices to reduce over all cost so I could do it all.