Corsair Community

Corsair i165 Liquid Cooling Concerns & Questions

Fheniyx

Hello everyone, hope you're all doing well. I just received my Corsair One i165 on the 14th, and had some questions/concerns regarding the liquid cooling of my unit.

While idling on the desktop with no background programs running, the GPU and CPU (more so the CPU) temperatures will slowly rise, resulting in the main top fan starting and staying at around 100-200 rpm. The CPU usually hits about 45c before the fans start. I am using the ICUE software to monitor this. My room temperature is kept at around 23c.

A sticker was on the back of the machine when I received it, and it noted the following: "Silent operation at low to moderate loads. In this mode the fan will not spin". I wasn't sure if I needed to enable that mode somewhere, or if the liquid cooler was not performing correctly.

The machine is very quiet however, even when the fans start spinning. I am not extremely worried about the noise of the machine, just concerned if the liquid cooling is properly functioning.

While playing games, the unit seems to perform great. With the top fan running at near max RPM, the CPU stayed at an average of about 60c, and the GPU as well at 60c. I tested this with the new COD MW game with maximum settings at 1080p, 144hz.

I have attached a ZIP file containing an ICUE Sensor Log .CSV file I started logging right before the fans kicked in on idle, as well as a .CSV file I logged after about an hour of playing COD. They are named "Idle Temps" and Gaming Temps" respectively. If there is more information I can provide, please let me know.

I understand that I might be looking too closely into this, and it could not even be a problem, I just wanted to know for sure. Thanks.

CSV Logs.zip

Edited by Fheniyx

All perfectly normal. My 160i ramps up the same way -- no fan until CPU or GPU coolant temp hits 45c (per iCue), then fans rev to 200 RPM or so and stay there. Fan hits top speed only during GPU-intensive gaming.

Under load (per HWMonitor) CPU and GPU both average in the 60s with highs in 70s.

Thank you for the information, I feel a lot better knowing that this is normal behavior. Sorry for being so paranoid, haha.

I'm absolutely loving this PC so far, it's very well designed and performs amazingly. I really appreciate your response though, thanks again!