Corsair Community

Do yourself a favor - Repaste that GPU

MavenAZ

Wanted to share that I have seen temps rise on a few machines in my fleet. (All 1080ti’s)

This procedure is pretty simple and will save you from killing your GPU.

After taking the cooler off, the original thermal film pad has actually become powder. Additionally, it had never been making contact on 25-30% of the GPU surface!!! (Towards the middle, not the edges)

Do yourself a favor...

Purchase yourself some Thermal Grizzly and repaste it ASAP.

Temps went from low 80’ to high 50 low 60s!!!! FFXV 4K over at over an hour tested.

Ten bucks and 30 minutes of your time.

Thanks for this tip! I do want to look into this issue at the production level.

Would it be okay for you to provide me your unit's part number and serial number?

Thanks again!

That depends....

Does repasting the GPU void a warranty? :p

nice 1 it definitely will void it.

You know what’s crazy about that..... re-pasting should NOT void a warranty.

Its not rocket science!

Changing out memory could cause more issues with the Motherboard, socket and or the memory itself.

Would like to get an answer back from Corsair though....

I imagine that getting a straight answer to the warranty question will be hard. Laws vary from region to region, and even here in the US while gamers nexus preaches that you can tear your stuff apart without voiding a warranty, it only gives the manufacturer cause to suspect you may have damaged it. I feel strongly that a user should be able to re-paste their own cards as part of maintenance but as far as i know the only company that openly allows users to re-paste is evga.

• 3 weeks later...