Corsair Community

How do I use sniper button on ironclaw wireless

ZorexD

Hey, I've had this mouse for over half a year now, and i try every once in a while to use the sniper button. I remember that at the first time i used it when I pressed on the sniper button the lights became yellow and my dpi was slower while i was pressing the button. it stopped working a day after. Anybody has any idea how to make it work?

Thanks in advance.

It should natively do that, but you need to have the software installed. The current iCUE version can be downloaded the page linked at the bottom. On the Iron Claw, the Sniper button is referred to as "Option" in the menus. In the DPI section, you should be able to designate what speed you want for that button or if you want it to be a "sniper DPI shift" at all. It can be reprogrammed to do other things. This is done in the Actions Tab.

https://www.corsair.com/us/en/downloads

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Seems i am not alone in my struggle - fighting like mad to remap the right click or the forward side button as the sniper button - it is driving me mad - i am using the latest icue software 3.36.125 and am on the latest firmware for both the dongle and mouse (1.11.52 & 1.16.107)

I know that if you want it natively onboard the mouse (for using it with slipstream) you must chose to set the hardware actions and then overwrite one of the onboard profiles - i've done this but it just doesn't change the dpi as i have outlined in the DPI settings for the Sniper Button...

I cannot figure out nor can i find anyone with any depth of experience with this... questions are answered either VERY vaguely or make as if this is common knowledge (making me feel like i am a some sort of dense tool or something)...

I just can't get it to work - i tried mapping the sniper function to the right click and to the forward thumb button - but neither work to change the DPI from say 2500 to 800 or 2500 to 400 despite setting it that way...

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated...

thx

***EDIT***

Right after I finished writing this post - i decided to duplicate my efforts in the programing for the Hardware Functions saved on board the mouse - and for ha-ha's - also write them to the basic actions as well -

Here's the stupid - it seems, despite setting things in the HW - if you are still connected via USB - you can't use the HW settings - OMG <-- are they serious?

Once I disconnected the mouse from USB and switched to Slipstream mode - the functions worked as intended - can't believe i dropped like 2hrs researching this and trying different mapping options - and this was the issue - folks in engineering here need to trial things out and get feedback from non-elite gamers to learn how to make things more intuitive or just simply explain that USB overrides ALL HW profiles while connected - duuuhhhhh - i assumed as i had not programmed any USB profiles and that the HW profile i was editing was the active one - it would take effect - LMBO - how silly of me - would make too much sense...

Ohh well - guess it's time to head down range now... l8r folks...

Edited by 2loki4u
just figured it out - omg - could this software be any LESS intuitive?!?!?!

Hardware mode is the behavior of devices when CUE is not running. That is the hardware actions and lighting tabs and those must be physically saved to the device.

Any time CUE is running you are in software mode where the normal lighting effects and actions apply. You can’t be in the software editing/creating the action and in Hardware Mode at the same time. If you want to quickly test your hardware settings, quit CUE after saving them to the device.