Corsair Community

VS650. Power down Master Slave setup issue

ben01623

Hi there

I've recently set up a new PC. This PC is the main PC in the living room that provides TV, media and videogame use.

To power this PC I use a VS650 Corsair PSU.

I plug the PC in as a Master to this extension lead leadhttps://www.amazon.co.uk/Masterplug-Master-Slave-Surge-Extension/dp/B01HDT48LW

Slaves into the extension are TV, Amp and bass speaker and Nintendo Switch. When I put the computer to sleep and it powers down, the slaves do not switch off. On my previous computer they did (was a different unbranded PSU). Switching the power off on the vs650 rocker switch makes no difference.

The only way to make the slaves work as inteneded is to physically unplug the PSU. This is obviously unpractical.

Is there any way to resolve this?

Thanks

Thanks for that valuable contribution.

It's very convenient to switch off / on the PC which then automatically triggers the rest of the av setup to do the same.

Anyone else have any reasoning to why the Corsair PSU won't power down the rest of the setup. When I try using the TV or Amp as a master, it works as intended.

It def sounds as though your new PSU is actually continually drawing power, even with the PSU rocker in the off position. There are other tales in here of PSUs behaving like that. I don't recall there being an elegant solution to any of those other cases either.

Sorry, I know that doesn't really help you.

If it were me in my house with that problem I would be tempted to experiment with a Philips Hue power adaptor that we have which is remotely controllable via the home network. We used that adaptor to plug the Christmas Tree lights into over Christmas so we could say "Siri, turn on Christmas Lights" and it would supply power to the plug and presto the lights came on. That adapter is now idle here so if for nothing other than to prove the concept, I would bring that into play and plug that into the Master outlet, and your PSU into the Philips thing and then see if killing the power to it gets you the result you want. *Maybe* when the Philips plug gets told to turn off, it will stop pulling from your power board and you'll get what you want. Its messy though, and if you don't already have on of those things its an expensive experiment.

Just thinking out loud mate - nothing concrete to offer though, sorry !

• 3 weeks later...
It def sounds as though your new PSU is actually continually drawing power, even with the PSU rocker in the off position. There are other tales in here of PSUs behaving like that. I don't recall there being an elegant solution to any of those other cases either.

Sorry, I know that doesn't really help you.

If it were me in my house with that problem I would be tempted to experiment with a Philips Hue power adaptor that we have which is remotely controllable via the home network. We used that adaptor to plug the Christmas Tree lights into over Christmas so we could say "Siri, turn on Christmas Lights" and it would supply power to the plug and presto the lights came on. That adapter is now idle here so if for nothing other than to prove the concept, I would bring that into play and plug that into the Master outlet, and your PSU into the Philips thing and then see if killing the power to it gets you the result you want. *Maybe* when the Philips plug gets told to turn off, it will stop pulling from your power board and you'll get what you want. Its messy though, and if you don't already have on of those things its an expensive experiment.

Just thinking out loud mate - nothing concrete to offer though, sorry !

Yeah that's what I thought - the PSU is drawing power even when the rocker switch is off. I might try another PSU.

I hear you one the Siri suggestion however, the system was so great with the PC before because when the PC is the master I just put the PC to sleep and everything else shut down ( TV, Amp, speakers, bass box ) and then when I come to switch on with just a sinple tap of the remote or keyboard for the PC everything powers on and the PC wakes from it previously was. Perfect.

Thanks for posting anyway.