Corsair Community

Vengeance 750M fan spinning up and down constantly

EPerezF

Hi!

I just built a new PC. Everything is new except my GPU. It runs fine, I was able to install Windows and everything but it seems the PSU has an issue. The fan goes constantly up and down. Doesn't matter if I'm in BIOS, in Windows or doing something. It always spins up and down constantly. [ame=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lL8986IQAgg]Here's a video with the behavior[/ame].

Am I doing something wrong? Do I need to return it?

You're 100% positive that the PSU fan?

What case is that? Can't you mount the PSU fan up. It's better for the PSU and then we can at least see the fan.

Yes 100% sure it's the PSU fan.

The case is a Depcool E-Shield, it has a vent on the bottom, that's why I put the PSU fan down.

• Corsair Employee

The case is a Depcool E-Shield, it has a vent on the bottom, that's why I put the PSU fan down.

I like how it doesn't have a PSU shroud. I would totally mount that PSU fan up.

What stuff is in your PC other than what's listed in your signature? RGB fan? RGB lighting strips? Etc.

I like how it doesn't have a PSU shroud. I would totally mount that PSU fan up.

What stuff is in your PC other than what's listed in your signature? RGB fan? RGB lighting strips? Etc.

One extra chassis fan that came with the case. Standard 120mm, no RGB. Nothing else. Tried turning it on without any peripherals (not even screen), same result.

Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2014 keyboard, Logitech G502 Hero mouse, Blue Yeti Nano mic.

Tried even without the GPU installed. Still fan going up and down.

It's like the fan is stuck in a "turning on" sequence.