Corsair Community

Corsair 750D building problems

TFZ61

Many years building computers, but this time I stand for a problem.

My current PC is a Silverstone TJ09 with a Rampage Extreme III and an i7 980 CPU with a EVGA GTX690 video card.

This works fine, but this motherboard has no SATA6 for my SSD’s, and my Son’s pc is to slow, he take’s my old PC.

Now building a new PC for myself with:

Corsair 750D case

Maximus VI Extreme

EVGA GTX690 (my son must buy his own video card)

i7 4770K CPU

The PC is build, I have video with the onboard (HDMI) video, but my GTX690 isn’t fit on the motherboard.

The I/O panel fits ok, but it likes that my video card isn’t fit perfectly.

Maybe i'm missing something?

I know that the video card use 2 slots!

It’s like if the height between the motherboard and the expansion slots is a few millimeters to short.

The video card don’t fit perfectly, and I think that’s the reason there is no good connection in the PCI-E slot.

The case is delivered whit 1 (one) motherboard standoff.

I don’t know where to use it? The case has its own (build in) standoffs.

I had this similar problem with another brand of case.

Basically I was not able to insert my GPU's "Gold Finger" into the PCI-E slot on the MOBO all the way down. Which cause my monitor not powering up.

I plan to purchase the 750d in the future, but this worries me. I hope Corsair take notice of this issue.

• 2 years later...

I already opened ticket, the same problem here

servlet.FileDownload?file=00P4000000e7eYv

servlet.FileDownload?file=00P4000000e7W9v

Mobo stays under; looks PCI screw part is too long... Contacted with corsair and they'll help me, I'm not trying say bad things. Corsair is the best @ customer support. But may some products has this issue. Many customers bought this case in TR and nobody experinced something like this. But it's ok, sometimes happens. Important thing is supporting the customer; this is why I choose Corsair :)

Check that it isn't the metal plate on the back of the card (where the Hdmi sockets are mounted) that screws onto the rear of the case that's causing the problem. On a couple of occasions I've had Pcie cards ( not just gpus ) that needed the bottom of that plate to be bent slightly, in order to fit into the gap between the rear edge of the motherboard and the case,

I knew that would confuse someone, I mean the plate at the end of the card where the output connections are and where you screw it to the back of the computer. There is a "tail" at the bottom that slots into the gap between the motherboard and the back of the case, except it doesn't always slot in properly, sometimes you have to bend it a little to allow the card to sit properly.

Yes, tried eveything. As I said contacted with Corsair and seller. They're trying to find a solution. Corsair already said they'll send me new one. But It'll costs too much for Corsair and for me, because I've to send old one. But seller in our country said we can chnage. They're trying to find new one from distrubitor. Waiting their reply. I'm sure it will be replaced with new one. Just thinking; if happens again? I really love this case. Don't want to change with it another model. Hope this happened just to me and just this case has a problem.

Archived