Corsair Community

Replacement battery for Void Wireless when battery dies

I have the void wireless 7.1 headset since october. All is OK till now but I am interested on what will happen when the battery reaches its end of life. Can it be replaced? Will corsair sell replacement parts in the future?

I don't think Corsair has the battery as a part that can be purchased from them. If your headset does encounter a battery related issue, Corsair will replace the headset instead of sending you a replacement battery.

Technically yes, the battery can be replaced, not 100% sure whether it will affect the warranty status of the device though or if they decide to sell the battery as a spare part i am not too sure.

• 4 weeks later...

I don't think it dies so fast. I'm using the H2000 version from 03/08/2013 and the battery is still doing great.

Okay, maybe the headset could last one-two hours less than beginning, i cannot really say since i don't do tests but believe me it won't be your first problem.

• 1 year later...
Toasted is correct. We won't be offering battery replacements but if your batteries no longer work or is less effective as it used to, you can send it back to us within the first 2 years that you own it.

My best friend has this headset, and since he bought it a year ago the battery life (or more accurately the amount of charge it's holding) has diminished a lot. I just told him about this post, however he says he didn't retain the receipt and did not register online when he bought the headset.

His usage hasn't changed but now-a-days he has to completely turn the headset off after just 4-8 hours usage max. And he can no longer change it while it's in use.

Can you guys still help him out?

• 11 months later...
Toasted is correct. We won't be offering battery replacements but if your batteries no longer work or is less effective as it used to, you can send it back to us within the first 2 years that you own it.

I have a VOID wireless headset that I purchased a little over 2 years ago (2/5/16 - I just found the receipt), and I'm getting less than 2 hours from a full charge. What are my options for a battery replacement?

• 1 month later...
I have a VOID wireless headset that I purchased a little over 2 years ago (2/5/16 - I just found the receipt), and I'm getting less than 2 hours from a full charge. What are my options for a battery replacement?

I don't think there are any options. I guess they think after 2 years they don't have to support you any more and that you should buy a new headset.

I have the same problem. Mine is over 2 years old and it tell me that the battery is low after a couple of hours. It seems to allow me to use it while it's charging so I wait until it says battery critical then plug it in and use it like a wired headset.

To be honest I don't think it's as much of a problem as the ridiculously low microphone volume. Now that IS irritating.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all

So I purchased my set of Void's second hand from a mate, practically brand new, and also experienced a noticeable drop in battery life after 8 or so months. I consider myself as pretty handy so opened the right side ear cup (7 screws first then an additional 3) to reveal the battery. The battery is taped to the back of a plastic "vent cover". This cover was perforated to obviously allow for cooling.

The battery is roughly 40mm x 40mm in dimension and about 3 - 6mm thick. It's a 1000mAh 3.7V, 3,7Wh battery. It has 3 wires coming out of it RED, BLACK & WHITE with a small white 3 prong connector on the end.

I then contacted a known battery supplier and they were able to source the battery for me. Usually batteries have a red and black cable, for the positive and negative terminals, however, the white one is connected to a very small, electronic PC board. The battery supplier said that they can fit the PC board for me if I take it in. It cost me roughly R200 (ZAR) which equates to about $15USD.

It took me roughly 5min to strip the battery from the headset and another 5min to get pricing on the battery and I am guessing it will take another 60min out of my day to fetch the battery. All in all I feel this is worth the effort. It certainly beats forking out money for a brand new set.

Here is a pic of the battery however, the part number on this battery is not the same as the one from the Void. I will edit my post with the correct code and a picture of the actual battery when I have it.

EDIT: Here are some pics of another user on Reddit that opened his as well. This is the correct battery code and specs.

https://imgur.com/a/dx1Wa

dx1Wa

Hope this has helped some people.

Have a great day.

Edited by Deckstar
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Thank you mate.

Based on your feedback i pull appart my more than 2 years old Void Wireless RGB headset and I saw similar battery.

Checking further i was able to find battery similar to myne and I order one from e-bay.

It was BAK LP-523450P-IS-3 BATTERY, LITHIUM POL, 3.7V, 980 MAH

So long storry short - after a little work to change the plug from the old battery to the new one - the battery is working purfectly fine and I the drain is much much slower.

Just one remark - with the new battery - I was not able to charge up to 100 % however the 95 % shown give me waaaay more time without charging.

• 2 months later...
Note: Common sense might lead one to think the battery is in the same side as the USB connector. This is however not the case. The battery is on the right ear, opposite the Mic and connector side. The screws are very firm, and trust me, you really don't want to take the wrong side apart and have to put it all back and then do it all again on the correct side.

• 2 months later...

I was so happy to read this bedst headset ever my income is small but im super satafyed by them and was afread it coudent be replaced :-) so thanks but coud use a small video guide . but what i can understand it ok they are filded to around 95-98 %

Pls keep up the good work and maby try and sell a set with battery and scrue driver like g930 have had to of them but this rocks

Greetings Denmark

• 1 month later...
Hi all

So I purchased my set of Void's second hand from a mate, practically brand new, and also experienced a noticeable drop in battery life after 8 or so months. I consider myself as pretty handy so opened the right side ear cup (7 screws first then an additional 3) to reveal the battery. The battery is taped to the back of a plastic "vent cover". This cover was perforated to obviously allow for cooling.

The battery is roughly 40mm x 40mm in dimension and about 3 - 6mm thick. It's a 1000mAh 3.7V, 3,7Wh battery. It has 3 wires coming out of it RED, BLACK & WHITE with a small white 3 prong connector on the end.

I then contacted a known battery supplier and they were able to source the battery for me. Usually batteries have a red and black cable, for the positive and negative terminals, however, the white one is connected to a very small, electronic PC board. The battery supplier said that they can fit the PC board for me if I take it in. It cost me roughly R200 (ZAR) which equates to about $15USD.

It took me roughly 5min to strip the battery from the headset and another 5min to get pricing on the battery and I am guessing it will take another 60min out of my day to fetch the battery. All in all I feel this is worth the effort. It certainly beats forking out money for a brand new set.

Here is a pic of the battery however, the part number on this battery is not the same as the one from the Void. I will edit my post with the correct code and a picture of the actual battery when I have it.

EDIT: Here are some pics of another user on Reddit that opened his as well. This is the correct battery code and specs.

dx1Wa

Have a great day.

Hi, is it possible to share the shop you used to replace your battery? My headset only lasts 2 hours and it is annoying. I seem to have like 5 months left of my 2 year warranty but i'm in South Africa and never heard of anyone that had a 2 year warranty honored. Plus the shop I bought my Headset from takes well over 3 months with returns.

Thanks in advance.

Hi all

dx1Wa

Have a great day.

Registered just to comment on this post:

THANK YOU!

With this information $9.97 brought new life into a great headset. Ill be ordering another as I use the same headset for work for my phone.

I wasn't able to find the exact battery with a connector on it already, but I asked the eBay seller I purchased the battery from if they could add that on the next 2 batteries I order. If they honor the request I'll post some info here for other users to get replacements.

I know this is an old thread, hope the mods don't slap my wrists...Thanks again.

I have change the battery

Here is the link

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3-thread-523450-3-7V-1100mAH-503450-PLIB-polymer-lithium-ion-Li-ion-battery-for-GPS/32840434669.html?spm=2114.search0104.3.8.6942539abLC1P3&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_1_10320_10065_10068_10890_10547_319_10546_317_10548_10696_453_10084_454_10083_433_10618_431_10304_10307_10820_537_536_10902_10843_10059_10884_10887_321_322_10103,searchweb201603_59,ppcSwitch_0&algo_expid=6bbc3869-bb69-4403-8309-2bceefe6831d-1&algo_pvid=6bbc3869-bb69-4403-8309-2bceefe6831d&transAbTest=ae803_3

You must change the cable with a needle work perfect.

Sorry my bad english.

The battery is a bit longer but fits exactly in the Case

The shipping from China took 3 weeks to Germany

This is just a Suggestion

You do it at your own Risk !!!

here the cable sequence

IMG_20190129_193946.thumb.jpg.fc800c7ddaac16a89cbf766cd93f8574.jpg

Edited by detonator01

• 1 month later...

I wanted to post my experience in case anyone else is looking for a good replacement battery for the Corsair Void. There are baby monitors made by Infant Optics that use a similar battery with higher capacity (1500mAh vs 1000mAh), same voltage, and same connector. It also fits inside the plastic casing inside the headset even though the battery is a bit thicker.

Here's a picture of the installation. The install was straightforward and I'm so happy that I can keep using the same headset.

IMG_0401.thumb.JPEG.3271dbc0266a9fef36705289b2314422.JPEG

My new battery has 1100maH.

Runs with me a little longer than the original battery. Your battery with 1500 mHa is much better.

Unfortunately I can not order the Battery 1500 Mha. The Battery will not be shipped to Germany by Amaz ..

Edited by detonator01

I have change the battery

Here is the link

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3-thread-523450-3-7V-1100mAH-503450-PLIB-polymer-lithium-ion-Li-ion-battery-for-GPS/32840434669.html?spm=2114.search0104.3.8.6942539abLC1P3&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_1_10320_10065_10068_10890_10547_319_10546_317_10548_10696_453_10084_454_10083_433_10618_431_10304_10307_10820_537_536_10902_10843_10059_10884_10887_321_322_10103,searchweb201603_59,ppcSwitch_0&algo_expid=6bbc3869-bb69-4403-8309-2bceefe6831d-1&algo_pvid=6bbc3869-bb69-4403-8309-2bceefe6831d&transAbTest=ae803_3

You must change the cable with a needle work perfect.

Sorry my bad english.

The battery is a bit longer but fits exactly in the Case

The shipping from China took 3 weeks to Germany

This is just a Suggestion

You do it at your own Risk !!!

here the cable sequence

I would just like to thank you for this little guide, I have now replaced the bulging battery in my corsair void.

Thanks so much :D

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello there, my void's battery is nearly dead for me too thanks to all of you i can find a new battery for it. I just buy the 1500mAh babyphone battery in france, i think it can be buy in all europe (17€) https://www.amazon.fr/1500mAh-Remplacement-Batterie-Lithium-Moniteur/dp/B071CJM52Q/ref=sr_1_12?keywords=XINLANTECH&qid=1560381333&s=gateway&sr=8-12

just a few day to wait to try the replacement, i'll put some photos later.

Ps: If you try to turn on the void without any battery in it, but with the usb cable it won't turn on, my first idea was to remove the battery from the headset while it was replaced but it did not turn on even though it was plugged in.

• 1 month later...

Hello @Corsair Chris. My battery On void Pro RGB lasts only 15 minutes now after a full charge... i have a receipt for the purchase that is less than two years - how do I proceed with requesting battery/headphone replacement?

Thank you