Corsair Community

Keyboard not lighting up

Maurdekye

I've owned a K70 RGB mechanical keyboard for a while now, and besides a few hitches using CUE, it's been a very good keyboard. However, recently my keyboard's lights have all of a sudden almost completely stopped working. All my keys are completely dark, and the only lights that still work are the three indicator lights for capslock, scroll lock and numlock. I've tried restarting my computer, unplugging and replugging in the keyboard, messing around with CUE, ant trying to update the firmware (which told my I had the latest version installed), but nothing seems to be able to fix the problem. I know to some extent that the lights still actually work, since when I plug the keyboard in they all flash white for a split second while it's activating. But nothing past that.

Well you know it's not the physical hardware that is in error, since the LED's light white at least for a moment (meaning ALL the Red, Green, and Blue segments are operational).

I'd uninstall all of CUE, and remove any references in your USER folder, and start again. When I have problems like this (happened twice in 4 months) I just reload my profiles from backup.

Yes, I did in fact try creating a new profile before making this post where all the keys are at max brightness, and assigned my keyboard to it via the icon in my taskbar. Did nothing. And yes, repeatedly mashing the "change brightness" button on the keyboard was a common step in my testing.

I uninstalled CUE, restarted, resinstalled CUE, restarted again, reflashed the firmware, unplugged and replugged in the keyboard to two usb 2.0 slots, and restarted for a third time. At no point during the procedure did my keyboard's lights work. Except for when they flashed temporarily while reflashing the firmware.

I don't have access to another keyboard at the moment, this was a replacement for my last one which broke. So sending it to you isn't a good solution at the moment. Also, how would you flash it outside of CUE without me sending the keyboard to you? Do you have remote desktop software you can use?

Archived