Corsair Community

Dark Core SE won't Qi charge

• 3 weeks later...

I've exactly the same issue. I've got 2 Dark Core RGB SE.

First one at home with a MM1000 ==> No issue, it blinks white and charge is successfully done

Second one at the office with a Belkin Boost Up Special Edition (previously I've got a Belkin QI charger). With both chargers, the behavior is the same. My mouse blinks white, and after a night of charging, I'm not able to turn it on, I must try several times. And when finally I successfully turn it on, iCue shows a "very low" battery. The only way to charge it is through USB.

The last test I need to do is to try to charge it using my MM1000 at home.

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...

Hello everyone.

I have recently purchased the latest Dark Core RGB SE with built in Qi charging.

Before I go further, I have tried plugging the mouse mat Qi charging cable into different USB 3.0 and 3.1 ports and it is now plugged into a USB 3.1 powered USB Hub and it makes no difference!

The mouse will not charge on the Qi charging point, despite the green LED on the MM1000 flashing once every second, to say that it is charging.

The Mouse battery icon in the start bar remains the same, with no charging symbol - unlike when I plug the mouse directly into the propitiatory USB cable.

The mouse will then display the green LED behind the mouse wheel and the battery icon changes to a charging symbol (with a lightning strike through it).

What's going on? Why won't the mouse charge on the MM1000 Qi spot?

Will I have to RMA the mouse?

• 1 month later...
I think I’ve found the issue. It’s iCUE. If I set the mouse on the charging pad before iCUE loads it starts charging. Once iCUE loads it stops. I’ve tried uninstalling iCUE and reinstalling without any changes to the settings and it still will not charge while its powered on. This has to be a software issue.
  • Thanks 2