Corsair Community

iCUE prevents system sleep/standby

ritalin

I've had sleep/shutdown issues since either version 3.24.xxx or 3.25.xxx and up. This is the first I have seen this thread and glad that I am not alone. I always suspected it had something to do with the H115i Platinum AIO I have installed. The workaround I am using is renaming all of the CPUID DLL's that are in the iCue folder, followed by restarting iCue service. This breaks iCue from monitoring and managing RGB on the H115i (and I assume my Vengeance RGB memory), but my computer is able to shutdown/sleep properly. I also have a K70 mk2 keyboard and that seems to work fine with those DLL's no longer loading.

• 3 weeks later...

This issue started on my PC 3 days ago, and I was thinking it was Intel Management Engine Interface. But then I remember that I updated iCUE from corsair when this started to happen.

Uninstalled and solved the problem, tried to install again and the problem persist...

In my case I selected Power > Sleep on Windows 10, everything go to sleep including motherboard, but the AIO Corsair pump and Corsair Fans stays on for 2 minutes until it shut down...

EDIT: After reading above comment I must mention that I have Corsair H115i AIO, 3 Fans on Corsair controller, Corsair K70 Mk2 LP and Corsair HS70 PRO.

Error occurs on iCUE software version 3.35.152

EDIT 2: Also remembered that when I updated iCUE was because one of the two fans of AIO was and still is on Max Speed even when I change the performance setting which affect Fan #1 but don't affect Fan #2 although I got both selected....

EDIT 3: Installed previous installed version 3.31.81 the problem remains only after restart. I can sleep windows before restart. So this must be an iCue Service that is running on startup, even if I close iCUE running services before sleep, the problem persists.

Edited by Kunami

• 2 months later...

You are not the only one with this issue. When I install Icue, my system will not go into sleep mode and the screen saver will not turn on. I can't even get the monitor to power off which means I risk screen burn in if I keep Icue running. The only solution i have found is to shut down icue or uninstall it.

I keep trying to install the new version of icue every few months or so just to see if the problem is fixed. Of course, it isn't fixed so I just keep uninstalling it.

I really would like to be able to use the customized lights that I bought, but now I am just using them in default mode. It looks cool, but I certainly would like to be able to customize them.

I have tried working through this with tech support and I have stumped them. I eventually just gave up using this product.