Corsair Community

Corsair Vengenace RGB Pro 64GB 3200Mhz crash

mitgobla

Hi,

I've been looking online everywhere for someone in a similar situation to I am and I'm stumped.

I'm trying to use the D.O.C.P Profile 1 [3200Mhz] (the only profile available other than default) however when I select that profile, my computer will restart (no display each time) 4 times before booting and giving me a POST error that my computer could not start.

I emailed Corsair Customer support and they redirected me to make a forum post instead.

I'd love to be using the full potential of these memory modules so any help is appreciated.

Specs:

- Ryzen 7 2700X

- Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 64GB (4x16) DDR4-3200

- ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero

- Corsair HS750i PSU

• 2 weeks later...
  • Corsair Employee
Hi,

I've been looking online everywhere for someone in a similar situation to I am and I'm stumped.

I'm trying to use the D.O.C.P Profile 1 [3200Mhz] (the only profile available other than default) however when I select that profile, my computer will restart (no display each time) 4 times before booting and giving me a POST error that my computer could not start.

I emailed Corsair Customer support and they redirected me to make a forum post instead.

I'd love to be using the full potential of these memory modules so any help is appreciated.

Specs:

- Ryzen 7 2700X

- Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 64GB (4x16) DDR4-3200

- ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero

- Corsair HS750i PSU

You may need to further tweak your memory settings. After applying XMP (DOCP) in BIOS (but before saving BIOS changes and restarting your PC), see if your memory will clock to a different speed (like 2933MHz). ASUS' BIOS should have a field in the overclock settings to adjust this. Once you've adjusted the speed, save changes and restart to see if the new speed applied correctly.

• 2 weeks later...
Have you tried Ryzen DRAM Calculator?

I've tried to, though I don't understand it well enough as in - I know how to navigate BIOS and overclock safely but there are loads more information on the calculator that I don't know if I need or not because there aren't places to put those values in BIOS.

What is the model and version number of your ram?

Have you explored all the submenus? I have a difficult time believing they are not there. But then again I recently updated the BIOS on my x470 and they removed (or did not reimplement) a large section of BIOS that dealt with ram settings.

The 2700x is Zen+ and it might have difficultly trying to push 4 sticks of ram at DDR4-3200. When DOCP is enabled can you downclock to DDR4-2933? (is zen+ spec btw)

Edited by A Computer Guy

• Corsair Employee

Zen and Zen+ used very similar integrated memory controllers and as such both series of CPUs were really picky when it came to memory and the ability to go over 2933mhz. By the sound of it your integrated memory controller just isn't capable of running that kit of memory higher than 2933mhz. This is most likely due to the known issues with the integrated memory controllers running high capacity 4-module kits.

Officially, with all four DIMM slots populated, Zen+ only supported 2133mhz because of the known issue with the controller. Here is a link explaining the officially supported Zen+ memory configurations.

https://www.pugetsystems.com/blog/2018/06/06/2nd-Gen-AMD-Ryzen-Supported-RAM-Speeds-1175/