Corsair Community

Corsair Adds Cooling Fans to Product Line

Wired

Press Release

Blog Post

Note: The tables below combine information from the press release page as well as the product pages.

High Airflow Fans for Efficient Large-Volume Cooling

Air Series AF120 and AF140 airflow fans are designed to intake cool air into, and exhaust hot air out of, modern PCs. They are for ideal for mounting on the side, top, and rear of cases, to reduce component-killing heat. The airflow fans are designed with ultra-thin, custom-molded blades optimized to flow high volumes of air in unrestricted spaces with at least 3cm of clearance. They are available in a 140mm Quiet edition and in 120mm Quiet and Performance editions.

Operating Voltage: 7V - 12V

[table=head]Name | Description | Size (mm) | Noise (dBA) | Airflow (CFM) | RPM | Static Pressure (mm H2O) | Power Draw (amps) at 12V

AF120 Quiet Edition | Low noise, Good airflow | 120x25 | 21 | 39.88 | 1100 | 0.50 | 0.08

AF120 Performance Edition | High airflow | 120x25 | 30 | 63.47 | 1650 | 1.10 | 0.13

AF140 Quiet Edition | Low noise, High airflow | 140x25 | 24 | 67.8 | 1150 | 0.84 | 0.10

[/table]

High Static Pressure Fans for Efficient Cooling on Radiators or Heatsinks

Air Series SP120 fans deliver focused air pressure in situations where air needs to be blown through a restricted space making them ideal for cooling radiators and heatsinks. They feature seven ultra-wide, custom-molded blades and a custom enclosure that delivers high static pressure, while maintaining a quiet noise profile. Available in a 120mm size, SP120 fans are available in Quiet and High Performance editions.

Size: 120mm x 25mm

Operating Voltage: 7V - 12V

[table=head]Name | Description | Size (mm) | Noise (dBA) | Airflow (CFM) | RPM | Static Pressure (mm H2O) | Power Draw (amps) at 12V

SP120 Quiet Edition | Low noise, High pressure | 120x25 | 23 | 37.85 | 1450 | 1.29 | 0.08

SP120 High Performance Edition | High pressure | 120x25 | 35 | 62.74 | 2350 | 3.1 | 0.18

[/table]

Interesting, thanks for posting this in the Cooling forum, with all the links.

One thing that caught my attention is the low power draw of these fans. Even the highest power usage model is below 0.20A, which is on the low side for fans of this size currently. The lower RPM models are using just under 1 Watt of power, that is excellent.

I've never seen a fan manufacture/distributor show the equipment they use to test their products, or even mention what they use. While there is no industry standard used by fan manufactures for their product specs, we know what Corsair uses. IMO, the performance specs of many fans are virtually created, and have little relationship to their actual capabilities. I've been disappointed by fans many times, when I find the amount of air they move is very low, and bears no relationship to the specs. These new Corsair fans seem to have reasonable specs, and it's good to see they are not simply playing the numbers game.

Specification-nerds like me might nitpick the static pressure spec of the High Performance Edition fan, which is lower than the fans currently used by the H80 and H100, but still higher than most fans. Personally, I wish there was a PWM model, but those are rare in the fan marketplace. The removable trim rings worry me a bit, I hope they are sturdy and held in place well.

Precisely,even I am little worried about the trim ring as it looks a bit flimsy and prone to bending and warping while in use.

PWM feature would have been nice. I stated this with respect to H100 fan speed monitoring. We have no clue,right now as to what speed the fans spin when plugged into the pump block headers.

The design looks awesome.

I know reviews will eventually tell all but I have some questions I am sure a lot of the watercooling community will also want.

For the SP series what is the starting voltage for the quiet and performance series fans? Also, what is the minimum RPM each fan will spin at after overcoming their perspective stalls?

In reality, I want to know if buying the performance series fans and putting them on a fan controller If they will be able to run at the 1100rpm mark before stalling.

We want PWM! :(

PWM driven fans must be more expensive to produce, they have a chip inside, the Noctuas I got for the H100 were $26 each but linked to a pwm fan controller they are sweet heaven, 6decibels to 22decibels.

Corsair should also provide the color rings for the new fans in olive drab to match their new Vengeance green chassis. They are going to sell zillions of these fans.:D:

Yes, they are a bit more expensive, because the power output stage is on the fan itself, but they are much better because you can control multiple fans from one PWM output.

I guess that if these fans will be popular enough, you'll have 3rd party rings in all colors possible.

These fans look great. Just a quick question; I'm currently running a H60 and I was wondering where I would connect these and how they would run? Obviously they are not PWM so won't be controlled so I don't have to connect one to the cpu fan header? I do have a fan controller installed in my case so could I buy 2 of the high pressure fans and just connect them to that and adjust speeds as I see fit?

Thanks.

Archived