Corsair Community

Ultimate laggless rainbow

So I built a C++ program to get the best rainbow effect ever (as in it has over 1500 color stops)

It theoretically should be the best rainbow lighting we can achieve on the rgb keyboard series. This is my first profile with this program, but I plan to make more. It's fun making these perfect rainbows.

any ideas on what I can do with this program? what is the "perfect" rainbow?

[ame=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAc64n1ZCeg&feature=youtu.be]poor-quality video[/ame]

sorry guys, I don't have a camera. I had to use my phone.

K70LaglessRainbow.prf

K95LaglessRainbow.prf

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cool thing!

Instead of just rainbows, maybe any kind of gradient would be cool for the program to handle.

A prefect rainbow is when you can't see any steps visually.

Also I think it kind of shows how crap the current software is that the community starts to create their own tools...

If you slow the gradient down it still has very noticable steps. The keyboard just can't keep up with the gradient :/

I noticed this too. I don't think there is any way to fix it, because the high number of steps was supposed to eliminate this problem :/

I think the LEDs are just too slow.

I'm experimenting right now with a "perfect rainbow by key" profile. I'll post results in a couple hours probably.

Dude this is amazing. Can we get a K70 one as well?

I don't know how to convert the file, so if another member knows how to covert the profile to the k70, please post it here.

If my program ever becomes intuitive maybe I will release that, but as for now its a command line program that only makes giant rainbows :p

Now, this supports both the K70 and K95 (in theory)

If a K70 user could verify, that would be nice! :)

Confirmed working. Coolest setup now :)

I have my whole keyboard white while on standby, and on keypress each button lights up like a rainbow. So I can for example see what button I pressed last and so on.

Now, this supports both the K70 and K95 (in theory)

If a K70 user could verify, that would be nice! :)

What layout is your K70 version based on? Alot of keys are not lighting up on my keyboard specifically on my numpad and media keys. Sorry I really dont know how to do this so if you could help me...

What layout is your K70 version based on? Alot of keys are not lighting up on my keyboard specifically on my numpad and media keys. Sorry I really dont know how to do this so if you could help me...

I use the US layout.

It's actually pretty easy to fix your problem still.

If this is not detailed enough instructions, please let me know. CUE is hard to understand :(

Instructions:

1. When you are editing the profile, when you are editing the lights, delete the "all" group.

2. Select all the keys by clicking and dragging the mouse.

3. Right-Click and create a new group (name it whatever you want)

4. Click the name of the group so it highlights all the keys.

5. Near the bottom right corner of CUE, click the "Lighting Effects List"

6. Search for J_Rainbow.

7. Click and drag J_Rainbow onto the highlighted keys.

8. While the keys are still highlighted, Right click and select "edit light"

9. Check the box "Start with mode" and un-check "Start on key press" AND un-check all boxes in End.

10. Click "Ok" and you are done.

I use the US layout.

It's actually pretty easy to fix your problem still.

If this is not detailed enough instructions, please let me know. CUE is hard to understand :(

Instructions:

1. When you are editing the profile, when you are editing the lights, delete the "all" group.

2. Select all the keys by clicking and dragging the mouse.

3. Right-Click and create a new group (name it whatever you want)

4. Click the name of the group so it highlights all the keys.

5. Near the bottom right corner of CUE, click the "Lighting Effects List"

6. Search for J_Rainbow.

7. Click and drag J_Rainbow onto the highlighted keys.

8. While the keys are still highlighted, Right click and select "edit light"

9. Check the box "Start with mode" and un-check "Start on key press" AND un-check all boxes in End.

10. Click "Ok" and you are done.

Thanks for the very detailed instructions. It did work. :biggrin:

• 2 months later...
UPDATE!! With the new update, this profile is actually laggless! the 16.8 million color issue has been resolved! I have slowed the profile down to 1530s and it works like a dream.

There are 1530 colors in this profile.

Mind sharing a download new link for this profile. I know it is in the first post is that the same one I should download for firmware 1.2?

Mind sharing a download new link for this profile. I know it is in the first post is that the same one I should download for firmware 1.2?

Yes, the profile in the OP should work just fine. My rainbow profiles were built with this update in mind. :)

To edit how fast the light shifts color, select the group and change the duration of the gradient effect. This profile is working on my k95 (US layout) with the most recent firmware and CUE.

If the profile is not working the way it looks like it does in the video, please post here so I can see what I can do.

• 1 month later...
Is it possible to reduce the speed?

Yes! Right click on any of the QWERTY keys and select "Edit Light" and then change the "End" time to whatever you want.

I have used all the way up to 1000 seconds without seeing individual colors when 16.8 million color mode is on.

Archived