Corsair Community

Glaive DPI lights on/off?

c-attack

On the new Glaive mouse, some of my profiles will keep the DPI lights lit continuously (1-5 blue bars). Other profiles will light for a moment, then fade out to black. This seems to vary from profile to profile with no particular rhyme or reason. Unlike a M65, the DPI settings do not have color adjustment and are not a selectable field in the lighting scheme. Just plain blue. I don't see any other toggle switch in any other menu. What am I missing?

I've figured out the underlying issue here. On many DPI profiles I previously created with the M65 RGB, the default DPI color setting is black. Those profiles will cause the Glaive to turn off the blue DPI lights. For all other DPI settings and profiles where a color is registered, it will show blue. This might be workable, except there are no controls for this when the Glaive is connected. I would need to connect a M65 RGB or similar mouse with DPI light controls, then establish a DPI profile with no color on the default or certain speeds. Then put the Glaive back on.

You guys need to write a simple on/off DPI light switch into the CUE controls for the Glaive. This work-around is a little tedious and those permanent blue lights are going to cost you sales for anyone who doesn't have a DPI color Corsair mouse to employ this trick.

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you for the tip! The blue light was driving me crazy as it didn't match my colour profiles at all... so changing the DPI profile on my M65 Pro RGB did the trick!

Corsair - please sort this out. Why you decided to go for a blue instead of RGB or just white LED is beyond me :sigh!:

• Corsair Employee
Interesting feedback, thanks. I am not quite sure though if there's way to add/change this feature in CUE, or perhaps on the FW side. I'll bring this up to the CUE product manager and we'll just have to go from there.

• 3 months later...
Interesting feedback, thanks. I am not quite sure though if there's way to add/change this feature in CUE, or perhaps on the FW side. I'll bring this up to the CUE product manager and we'll just have to go from there.

Is there any news on this?

My Glaive is warm to the touch because of the DPI lights are constantly on, i would like to be able to switch it off or have it so its only on for a few secounds when you change DPI.

Archived