The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Corsair Utility Engine (CUE) 1.x and 2.x

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-13-2018, 07:50 PM
VRocker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 944726
VRocker Reputation: 10
Default Please fix the USB drivers

I'm a big user of the Corsair hardware which tie into CUE but lately i'm considering killing the RGB stuff in favour of system stability. I currently have the K70 RGB, M65, MM800 and the Void Pro.

The problem is the crappy USB drivers keep causing system instability. Blue screens, USB disconnections and the occasional 'mouse slowdown' which usually leads to a blue screen or weirdness on the system.
This used to happen on my old system but recently replaced the entire thing (motherboard, cpu, ram, etc) and done a fresh OS installation. Since the same things are happening on the new system i decided to look into it some more.
After analysing several minidumps taken when the system blue screens (most BSODs are Page fault in non paged area) i noticed, after digging REALLY deep, that they all linked back to the CorsairVBusDriver.

So this led me to running Driver Verifier (Built into Windows). Running this against the Corsair drivers with the standard options (Pool tracking, security checks etc) results in a big fat fail. This suggests that there's something not quite right in these drivers and leads me to wonder if Corsair have tried verifying their own drivers...?

I've seen quite a few reports of people claiming system instability until CUE (and the drivers) were removed from the system.

To me it looks like there's a bit of memory corruption in them somewhere which, after some time, causes system issues. Memory corruption in a driver can cause the weirdest of problems and make it look like issues with RAM or even graphics problems.

Could the guys at Corsair PLEASE look at the drivers being shipped with CUE? At the very least could you run it through driver verifier (verifier.exe) and found out why its failing and fix it?

Old 03-16-2018, 05:47 PM
Corsair Employee
Corsair CJ's PC Specs

POST ID # = 945090
Corsair CJ Reputation: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by VRocker View Post
I'm a big user of the Corsair hardware which tie into CUE but lately i'm considering killing the RGB stuff in favour of system stability. I currently have the K70 RGB, M65, MM800 and the Void Pro.

The problem is the crappy USB drivers keep causing system instability. Blue screens, USB disconnections and the occasional 'mouse slowdown' which usually leads to a blue screen or weirdness on the system.
This used to happen on my old system but recently replaced the entire thing (motherboard, cpu, ram, etc) and done a fresh OS installation. Since the same things are happening on the new system i decided to look into it some more.
After analysing several minidumps taken when the system blue screens (most BSODs are Page fault in non paged area) i noticed, after digging REALLY deep, that they all linked back to the CorsairVBusDriver.

So this led me to running Driver Verifier (Built into Windows). Running this against the Corsair drivers with the standard options (Pool tracking, security checks etc) results in a big fat fail. This suggests that there's something not quite right in these drivers and leads me to wonder if Corsair have tried verifying their own drivers...?

I've seen quite a few reports of people claiming system instability until CUE (and the drivers) were removed from the system.

To me it looks like there's a bit of memory corruption in them somewhere which, after some time, causes system issues. Memory corruption in a driver can cause the weirdest of problems and make it look like issues with RAM or even graphics problems.

Could the guys at Corsair PLEASE look at the drivers being shipped with CUE? At the very least could you run it through driver verifier (verifier.exe) and found out why its failing and fix it?
Thanks for pointing this out. I'll forward this to our dev team.

Old 03-16-2018, 06:03 PM
Corsair Employee
Corsair CJ's PC Specs

POST ID # = 945096
Corsair CJ Reputation: 42

Can you PM me more details as well?