Corsair Community

ICUE RGB fin but case fans stopped spinning

Iao

I built a new rig with a Corsair H100i RGB Platinum, Vengeance RGB Pro and a triple pack of LL120 RGB fans with the lighting node pro.

I didn't connect the chassis fans to the motherboard just the Lighting node pro.

The RGB was working (but uncontrolled, so rainbow effect) and the fans were spinning.

Installed ICUE and the Chassis fans stopped spinning.

What solutions do I have here if I want to control my RGB and my fan speeds?

Thanks

in Advance

The Lighting Node Pro (LNP) is a lighting controller. It does not control fan speeds. If you want fan control for your case fans, you need the Commander Pro, which is a LNP + fan controller.

Your H100i Platinum has it's own fan controller and it's own lighting controller. It can provide fan control and lighting control for it's two fans only. If you want the radiator fans to be part of the other LL fans effect list, you need to move the lighting cable only from the H100i Platinum to the LNP with the other 3. Must go on slots 1-5.

What are your chassis fans connected to? If there are not connected to anything, they shouldn't spin at all.

I built a new rig with a Corsair H100i RGB Platinum, Vengeance RGB Pro and a triple pack of LL120 RGB fans with the lighting node pro.

I didn't connect the chassis fans to the motherboard just the Lighting node pro.

The RGB was working (but uncontrolled, so rainbow effect) and the fans were spinning.

Installed ICUE and the Chassis fans stopped spinning.

What solutions do I have here if I want to control my RGB and my fan speeds?

Thanks

in Advance

What are the fans plugged into? Each Corsair RGB fan should have 2 cables - 1 RGB and 1 fan control.

Do you have the Commander Pro? If so, go into the settings and assign the fan headers as the appropriate pin count for each fan plugged in. Should fix it.

OK thank you for your replies it sounds like I need to buy the Commander Pro.

Odd thing my fans were definitely spinning without being connected to the motherboard (or anything) and just the RGB cables to the lighting node

It's just not possible for the fans to be spinning without having the power lead for the fan motor connected to something.

How many headers do you have on that motherboard? It's likely that, with a splitter or two, you can control everything from the motherboard if you want. Not to steer you away from the CoPro - it's an awesome device - but it's typically not required.

You only need the Commander Pro if you want iCUE software control over case fan speed. You will already have this with the cooler fans. The Commander Pro will directly replace the LNP in the system.

No sure on the fans. I suppose theoretically if you generate enough air flow from fans that were running, it could move the others through normal air movement. You can certainly plug the 4 pin PWM LL connector into your motherboard and use the BIOS for standard fan control in the meantime.

Archived