Corsair Community

K95 Customized LED's

Airwaves

Today I just bought the k95.

Previously, I had owned the k90 for a short while but I absolutely loved the keyboard. The only thing that I saw that could use a lot of improvement was the software and at least a new release of mechanical switches for the G-keys. I returned it in hopes of a newly improved version and waited a little over a year I think it was and well, that hope was delivered minus a few things.

I do wish they still kept an optional silver aluminum brush finish rather than the black. I personally like the silver finish more. Not only can you see the sheer beauty of the aluminum brush, but it also adds more vibrant brightness for the LED's.

I would also like to see the blue LED's back. I am definitely not feeling the white LED's at all. In videos that I saw for the k95, it looked like light blue LED's and that was definitely something I would settle for. Although I have read that some people did like the change from the blue, I wish they still kept it optional. I loved the blue so much more and I gave Corsair a lot of credit in terms of them having the brightest lit keys out on the market compared to competitors. That definitely has changed a little bit with the k95. The number keys above QWERTY are a tad bit dimmer, possibly due to the a re-arrangement of the LED's for the k95 and the white LED's are too plain. Almost as if it's just white text on a black background; DOS.

As much as I really, really, really, really, really, really, really, REALLY don't want to, I'm considering returning it with the hopes of again, waiting for another release of the K-line keyboards with more options. I'm gaming on the k95 as I'm typing right now, alt-tabbing between game in an insta and this thread, and I absolutely LOVE the keyboard.

Am I the only one here that feels this way? I saw for the other K-series boards that there were several different options for appearance and a few different LED choices some weeks ago but those are no longer listed on the site. It would be really nice if those options were available again for the K95 series. Especially customizable LED's where they're not strictly just one color and can be customized within software. Is there a mod here that can shed some light on this topic? :)

There currently is no Vengeance Series keyboards with R.G.B lightning. While its on the Raptor K50, the only downside is the use rubber domes (membrane) instead of mechanical switches.

As for the colour options, yes, i agree they should provide more options available like the K70.

Cherry MX switches do not support RGR LEDS. No way around it.... it can't be done.

True, for now. A future iteration of MX switches could include the extra holes needed for RGB LEDs (need 4 instead of the 2 for regular LEDs, which are just white lights with a coloured bulb).

most loved colors are blue and red backlight.

which colors does corsair bring?

RGB for the cheapest product, redlight for middle, and white for high end:brick:

I actually like the white because it makes it more of a classy look IMO. Ive had blue on my K90, and other keyboards in the past, and honestly its refreshing to see something different. And I must admit that Red looks pretty cool.

However, like others have mentioned, there is a technical limitation and cost involved with mechanical LED backlighting. The reason why the cheaper model has RGB is because its a membrane keyboard and the LED system is different internally.

• 1 month later...
Even at 33% the white backlighting is too bright for me. Is there any way to cut the lighting to around 10%? A rheostat would be a good solution as it's obvious people have many preferences in lighting.

• 4 months later...
Today I just bought the k95.

Previously, I had owned the k90 for a short while but I absolutely loved the keyboard. The only thing that I saw that could use a lot of improvement was the software and at least a new release of mechanical switches for the G-keys. I returned it in hopes of a newly improved version and waited a little over a year I think it was and well, that hope was delivered minus a few things.

I do wish they still kept an optional silver aluminum brush finish rather than the black. I personally like the silver finish more. Not only can you see the sheer beauty of the aluminum brush, but it also adds more vibrant brightness for the LED's.

I would also like to see the blue LED's back. I am definitely not feeling the white LED's at all. In videos that I saw for the k95, it looked like light blue LED's and that was definitely something I would settle for. Although I have read that some people did like the change from the blue, I wish they still kept it optional. I loved the blue so much more and I gave Corsair a lot of credit in terms of them having the brightest lit keys out on the market compared to competitors. That definitely has changed a little bit with the k95. The number keys above QWERTY are a tad bit dimmer, possibly due to the a re-arrangement of the LED's for the k95 and the white LED's are too plain. Almost as if it's just white text on a black background; DOS.

As much as I really, really, really, really, really, really, really, REALLY don't want to, I'm considering returning it with the hopes of again, waiting for another release of the K-line keyboards with more options. I'm gaming on the k95 as I'm typing right now, alt-tabbing between game in an insta and this thread, and I absolutely LOVE the keyboard.

Am I the only one here that feels this way? I saw for the other K-series boards that there were several different options for appearance and a few different LED choices some weeks ago but those are no longer listed on the site. It would be really nice if those options were available again for the K95 series. Especially customizable LED's where they're not strictly just one color and can be customized within software. Is there a mod here that can shed some light on this topic? :)

I just came across your post and even registered to reply. I have been heavily considering this K95 Mechanical Keyboard but also would love custom colors and am curious if the software is as good as Logitech's Gaming keyboard software (had a G11 that just died). So not sure if anyone's aware but at CES in a few weeks they are revealing MX RGB Keys. Basically every key has up to 16.8 million possible colors with Cherry Red keys. Here's a preview. http://youtu.be/sjBCLPPw1wk

Also the official link. http://www.cherry.de/MX/EN/technologie-en.html#/modules/mx-rgb-red-level

If they release it in the next month or two I think I will wait for it. I'm just hoping it also has the 18 Programmable Keys (a must now for me) and is not too expensive, hopefully under $150.

I just came across your post and even registered to reply. I have been heavily considering this K95 Mechanical Keyboard but also would love custom colors and am curious if the software is as good as Logitech's Gaming keyboard software (had a G11 that just died). So not sure if anyone's aware but at CES in a few weeks they are revealing MX RGB Keys. Basically every key has up to 16.8 million possible colors with Cherry Red keys. Here's a preview. http://youtu.be/sjBCLPPw1wk

Also the official link. http://www.cherry.de/MX/EN/technologie-en.html#/modules/mx-rgb-red-level

If they release it in the next month or two I think I will wait for it. I'm just hoping it also has the 18 Programmable Keys (a must now for me) and is not too expensive, hopefully under $150.

I'm waiting for CES, you'll hear about that new one then, 10 more days!

Am I the only one here that feels this way?

No, In my opinion white on black looks very plain, unappealing and ''dead".

I think the reason Corsair changed K95 to white on black plate is because they were getting a lot of complaints that blue on silver was too bright for many people.

However the blue on gunmetal plate combination used on the K70s is solves the brightness issue and looks beautiful.

One minor problem with both black and gunmetal plates is that scratches are easily visible unlike on the silver plate.

As a last resort you could take a good quality marker to the underside of the keycaps and create what you like.

However as far as I know, Corsair does not sell replacements if you screw up.

• 2 months later...

Archived