Corsair Community

I love Corsair products but...

Striken

I love Corsair products, they are very well manufactured and with beautiful design.

At the moment I have the SP2500 speakers (excellent sound), an H100i Cooler, a AX 760 PSU a M90 Mouse and 32GB Dominator Platinum Memory RAM but I can't purchase the K90 keyboard because???

Corsair doesn't have keyboards with Portuguese Layout!!! Why??

From Wikipedia:

..."With approximately 210 to 215 million native speakers and 240 million total speakers, Portuguese is usually listed as the seventh most spoken language in the world (or sixth, being very close to Bengali in native speakers), the third European language most spoken in the world, the most spoken language in both South America (the number of Spanish and Portuguese speakers is actually extremely close)"...

Why the hell doesn't Corsair makes PT layouts? Don't they want to sell more products?

I would love to hear some good news about this...

Cheers,

From Portugal [PT]

• Administrators

Excuse my ignorance, but isn't this what you're looking for (or is there a significant difference)? I can't recall the difference between Brazilian PT and Portugal PT.

K90 - CH-9000003-BR - Layout Brazilian (Portuguese)

http://www.portalinformatica.com.br/teclado-corsair-gamer-vengeance-k90-padr-o-portugues-brasil-ch-9000003-br.html

Excuse my ignorance, but isn't this what you're looking for (or is there a significant difference)? I can't recall the difference between Brazilian PT and Portugal PT.

K90 - CH-9000003-BR - Layout Brazilian (Portuguese)

http://www.portalinformatica.com.br/teclado-corsair-gamer-vengeance-k90-padr-o-portugues-brasil-ch-9000003-br.html

Hi, there is a big difference between PT (Portugal) and PT (Brasil), similar to UK and US I believe, the accent keys and other are in different places and they use diferent coin, Portuguese coin is Euro.

Here is the difference:

Portuguese Portugal:

http://imageshack.us/a/img20/6500/portugueseportugalpt.png

Portuguese Brasil:

http://imageshack.us/a/img46/7323/portuguesebrasilbr.png

Hope you know if I can get a PT Layout from Corsair :roll:

Thanks for the help

Cheers,

1.3.4. No idea.

2. There's a -BR version of the K60, so I can't see why the newer keyboard wouldn't have one as well.

Hi, Already updated my reply, in fact there is a big difference :mad:

The punctuation, comas, dots, dashes, everything is in the wrong place...

Do you think you can find something in Corsair about this issue?

Thanks,

Hi, Already updated my reply, in fact there is a big difference :mad:

The punctuation, comas, dots, dashes, everything is in the wrong place...

Do you think you can find something in Corsair about this issue?

Thanks,

hi, have you tried software to rearrange what seems to be the 6 or 7 keys look to my untrained eye, remarkably easy to keyswitch with macros or a simple program?

hi, have you tried software to rearrange what seems to be the 6 or 7 keys look to my untrained eye, remarkably easy to keyswitch with macros or a simple program?

Hi,

Thanks for the reply,

It's not as easy.

Sometimes you need to look to find where are one or another key symbol and if the key have the symbols in the wrong place you need to go by tentative.

You can also say, but why don't you buy stickers with the Portuguese characters and glue them in top of the keys you need to replace?

Just because then you take all the beauty and the retro light of the keyboard keys and it doesn't justify purchasing such an expensive keyboard :mad:

Hi,

Thanks for the reply,

It's not as easy.

Sometimes you need to look to find where are one or another key symbol and if the key have the symbols in the wrong place you need to go by tentative.

You can also say, but why don't you buy stickers with the Portuguese characters and glue them in top of the keys you need to replace?

Just because then you take all the beauty and the retro light of the keyboard keys and it doesn't justify purchasing such an expensive keyboard :mad:

hmm, i may be misunderstood

lets say that i was used to a qwerty keyboard my whole life, and then i moved to say india and all the keyboards were in swahili

i would use a program like this one

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=21476

to remap the keyboard to how i was used to, considering that all the 1-0 and alt shft etc keys are universal, it would be a simple matter to do this in less than 5 mins

unless you just want a portugese mech keyboard from corsair which is not available

or you may have to use a mechanical keyboard from a manufacturer that does

i hope that the microsoft remapper helps you enjoy your corsair products

lets say that i was used to a qwerty keyboard my whole life, and then i moved to say india and all the keyboards were in swahili

to remap the keyboard to how i was used to, considering that all the 1-0 and alt shft etc keys are universal, it would be a simple matter to do this in less than 5 mins

unless you just want a portugese mech keyboard from corsair which is not available

I would never buy a $500 keyboard if I need to use a program to make it work well

You missed the point he made the first time: That only works if you know where every symbol is. He doesn't, so with a completely different layout as to what's written on the switches, he would have to start hitting random combinations of likely buttons to find things.

You're other option OP, is to buy a Corsair keyboard, then order replacement key caps from somewhere else. MX switches all use the same mounting system for key caps. I don't know of any that are made for backlit keyboards though, so you'd be stuck with the K60, unless you didn't mind not having the letters lit. You can get replacement key cap sets in any layout from WASD Keyboards.

You missed the point he made the first time: That only works if you know where every symbol is. He doesn't, so with a completely different layout as to what's written on the switches, he would have to start hitting random combinations of likely buttons to find things.

That's my point exactly!

You're other option OP, is to buy a Corsair keyboard, then order replacement key caps from somewhere else. MX switches all use the same mounting system for key caps. I don't know of any that are made for backlit keyboards though, so you'd be stuck with the K60, unless you didn't mind not having the letters lit. You can get replacement key cap sets in any layout from WASD Keyboards.

That's a excellent idea, I would had to buy the K60. The only thing is that would increase a lot the money I would have to spend on a keyboard. But that's a solution.

It's really a shame that Corsair doesn't manufacture Portuguese PT layouts like Logitech or Ozone, (that's the one I have).

And now I remember something does anyone knows if the Ozone Strike keys fit in the K60?

Thanks guys,

Thanks for the help WesternDreaming,

But like Daedalus said I had to remember each key.

I don't remember where are each key character and all the key combinations to make the some symbol works.

If I use a physical UK keyboard with the Portuguese keyboard layout selected in Windows all keys are already virtually okay, but when I'm searching for an < or ] and I press the keys what I get is / or ?

This is just an example.

If i understood you correctly, this is what your looking for

http://www.wasdkeyboards.com/

What I would love to know is if Corsair will expand they're Keyboard layout to Portuguese Language.

But that can work, if the keys fit and it doesn't become to expensive, (I believe Corsair doesn't sell keyboards without they're keys) :D:

Thanks for the help guys.

I think I'll stay with Ozone Strike Mechanical Keyboard.

I really would like to hear something from Corsair, are they going to invest in the Portuguese language like some other well-known brands?

I really would like to hear something from Corsair, are they going to invest in the Portuguese language like some other well-known brands?

I would tend to believe what they have to offer now is what they have to offer. But even if they were considering it they wouldn't tell yu until it was actually released. They never talk about products on the table or any upgrades to current ones.

I would tend to believe what they have to offer now is what they have to offer. But even if they were considering it they wouldn't tell yu until it was actually released. They never talk about products on the table or any upgrades to current ones.

Yes, of course you right :o:

It's a shame that they wont expand they're keyboard languages. There's a lot of people interested in buying Corsair keyboards and they don't because Corsair doesn't have PT layouts.

Just have to quit from Corsair Brand for now.

I'd be curious to know if the custom keycaps that wasdkeyboards.com offers would work on a Corsair board. Given that they're all Cherry switches, they should fit. But you'd lose the ability to read the key via the backlighting.

I'd be curious to know if the custom keycaps that wasdkeyboards.com offers would work on a Corsair board. Given that they're all Cherry switches, they should fit. But you'd lose the ability to read the key via the backlighting.

Exactly what I would like to know and hear from Corsair support. Something like this; yes you can change all the key caps, they fit, or no you can't. Just a simple answer to someone that would like to buy one more of they're products.

Of course that I cannot buy the K90 and change the keys because I lose the back light, (unless we can buy transparent letters and numbers in the keys instead of ink).

But I could buy the K60 and change all keys from WASD. But I'm not going to unless i know if they really fit the K60 keyboard.

They will fit. All MX caps use universal mounting; they're all the same. That's the reason why people offer different key caps in the first place.

Thanks for the help mate,

I know they fit when you fix them, my question is, because the Portuguese layout as the ENTER like an inverted L shape and the left shift is smaller are they're going to fit without spaces between one another?

Has the space key the same size? And the TAB, caps, backspace? That's my question.

Because if I order a key set, I'm afraid the key size length is not the same as the K60 key size.

Ah, I see what you mean. That one I'm not sure of, but I'd be leaning towards "no", unfortunately...

That's the big "if".

I cannot invest in an expensive keyboard and spend more money in a set of keys that have a great possibility of not fitting properly in the keyboard.

That's why at least I would like to hear something from Corsair staff regarding this issue, but I believe I'm "small potatoes", not worth the time to invest in a proper reply or some help. I had some hopes, being a Corsair costumer but looks like it doesn't matter after all.

Archived