Corsair Community

0x0000007A BSOD not from sleep

tehhoe

Hi All,

I am noob to this forum and had a good search before posting.

I am a Corsair fanboy :) and completed my Fanboy build in mid October.

Since then i have been getting random BSOd's on a daily basis, and didn’t really bother me to much as the build was for BF3 and never really seem to effect it. I was to busy playing to care.

But they are really getting on my nerves.

I am not sure if it’s the SSD or my RAM is the issue.

Most posts I see are saying its related to the SSD so i have posted here.

The only rookie mistake I made was installing the OS in IDE, when i noticed my mistake i just reinstalled as i was getting F4 BSOD.

Earlier when i said random times, I mean random. Mainly when the left on downloading at night or when the machine is no really working hard. Now when the bf3.exe crashes it will happen or it will keep on crashing until it does.

My firmware is 1.3 as it will not update (just hangs), and please keep in mind my ram! and not my poor spelling :)

I have attached the lastest BSOD's for you veiwing pleasur.

And thanks in advance.

IMAG0119.thumb.jpg.ee347bd916735bca98e710faf9c30657.jpg

IMAG0116.thumb.jpg.3e42a6f71e0837732925c4b063566b71.jpg

My firmware is 1.3 as it will not update (just hangs), and please keep in mind my ram!

Since the firmwares >1.3 solved some freezing and BSOD issues, I would recommend to upgrade to 1.3.3. Have you tried to run the upgrade tool as Administrator? Is your SSD connected to the very first Intel SATA3 port? If you still cannot upgrade the firmware from Windows running off of your SSD, you should to try to upgrade from either Hiren's Boot CD or Windows 7 32bit repair console.

Anyway, I would suggest to test memory with memtest.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the long delay on my reply,

OK so I secure erased, then fresh installed windows before updating the firmware (that worked) finally.

Then I secure erased again and installed again, What I have noticed difference in performance aswell. So I think I am happy but..............

Are these benchmarks normal? please (see attached)

Regards

Scott

2.PNG.f7a467bfc831351b23f282720100028d.PNG

To which port is your SSD connected? Should be the very first Intel SATA port (SATA3_0, white). If you have another drive (HDD?) connected to the next port (SATA3_1, white), then you should switch this device to any other SATA2 port (black) and leave SATA3_1 blank.

Other drive is a SATA3 drive aswell tho!

HDD's with SATA3 will barely excess SATA1 speed, if you test your HDD with ATTO, you will see a maximum speed of ~140 MB/s. You won't loose any performance by switching your HDD to SATA2 port.

- Disable C3/C6 state in BIOS and test it with ATTO again, please.

Archived