Corsair Community

Unable to boot with XMP CMK16GX4M2B3200C16 on Asus z170 pro gaming MB

r-Z

Hi there from Thailand,

I have read this thread last night after I decided to update my Asus Prime Z270-k bios to the most recent one. Before that I have experienced random error on post when I boot with cold start, but I could get it through after hitting F1 and quit without saving.

Not sure if my ram run at 3000Mhz (XMP enabled) or stock speed at that time since I haven't been regularly checking it.

However, last night my system show error on post again so I just gave it a try to update BIOS, but then my system just won't boot with XMP enable at all.

So just go through internet and found this thread and here I am.

I read all the comment in this thread and tried all the solutions, but none of them worked but after I came back and found the comment from "Daskeladden"

Found a easy "solution" to this problem.

I have 2 x 16 GB 3200 MHz memory from Corsair and it crashed on almost every restart and boot.

The only thing I did in bios: Choose XMP profile 1 and manually change DRAM frequency to DDR4-3000MHz. Have restarted 15 times without any issue.

Luckily, I decided to give it a final chance if not successful, I will give up and use my RAM at stock speed (2133Mhz)

What I did is just simple, I enable XMP (Profile#1), go to advance mode, AI Tweaking and set DRam Speed to 2933, instead of using 3000.

Just like hitting the jackpot, my system just boot normally. Then I tried 3066, it also works for me

So I just stick with 3066.

Anyway, I haven not been testing my system or RAM that much since because it was too late night for me.

So I will come back if I get any error or Blue Screen when I use my PC in regular basis.

Update #1: just complete 1 pass on memtest86 with no error. Put all 4 sticks of 8GB (Corsair Vengeance LPX CMK16GX4M2B3000C15 3000Mhz) for the test at the same time. System boot normally. everything seems to be fine for me

54YA

Edited by coonismile

• Replies 554
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

one more thing,

I also have another old PC with gigabyte mobo and corsair ram (XMP enabled at 1600 speed)

The same issues happen randomly since the machine won't boot at the first time. I need to hit reset button and everything will work.

It seem to me that the corsair RAM must have something not quite right. I will try G.Skill or Kingston next time instead.

I read all the comment in this thread and tried all the solutions, but none of them worked.

Luckily, I decided to give it a final chance if not successful, I will give up and use my RAM at stock speed (2133Mhz)

What I did is just simple, I enable XMP (Profile#1), go to advance mode, AI Tweaking and set DRam Speed to 2933, instead of using 3000.

Just like hitting the jackpot, my system just boot normally. Then I tried 3066, it also works for me.

That is exactly what I explained like two comments ago with pictures and all. So saying "I tried all the solutions, but none of them worked" is almost like you don't acknowledge "my" solution. Strange....I'm glad you got it working but give credit where credit is due

Edited by Daskeladden

That is exactly what I explained like two comments ago with pictures and all. So saying "I tried all the solutions, but none of them worked" is almost like you don't acknowledge "my" solution. Strange....I'm glad you got it working but give credit where credit is due

Sorry for my bad. I forgot to give you some credit.

What I actually wanted to say it that

"none of them worked but after I came back and found the comment from "Daskeladden"

Luckily, I decided to give it a final chance if not successful, I will give up and use my RAM at stock speed (2133Mhz) ..."

Please accept my apology and I have corrected my post for you

I've the same problem and I solve it:

1- Remove all RAM modules except one.

2- Apply the XMP profile (3200MHz in my case).

3- Save the settings and then the system boots.

4- Shutdown the system.

5- Put back all RAM modules.

I don't think it's a problem with my RAMs, because I've tried to do the same procedure with different slots and with different RAMs.