Corsair Community

CUE 2.11 & K95 Plat. HW Profile "conflict"

c-attack

Each time I bring CUE to the foreground from the system tray after boot (or wake from sleep) I am presented with a CUE error message stating:

Profiles Conflict: The stored profile saved to device HW1 does not match the version stored in CUE. To resolve this conflict, select Save or Cancel... etc.

It does this three times, once for each profile. I have saved. I have cancelled. I have never modified or used the HW profiles, either with the keyboard mode or in CUE. The keyboard is relatively new, but this did not happen the first week or so. I tried to solve the issue yesterday by wiping the HW profiles from the device under settings, then saving the existing CUE HW profiles back to the three slots. This did not work and the problem remains. They keyboard is fully functional and all my CUE advanced and basic profiles work. However, I am not sure the HW profiles do. When completely exiting CUE, none of the HW profiles become active as a cycle through using the profile button on the keyboard.

Can anyone offer any insight?

Now I am unable to save any profiles to the K95. It comes back with a lack of storage space error. This persists even when I wipe the stored profiles. It then visually indicates the profile space is empty, I save, a graphic occupies the first space, but still with the "you did not save" error - not enough space.

Yes, the proper delete under settings and not simply deleting the profiles. At any rate, I decided to flash the firmware again (1.07) this afternoon and that seems to be working, at least across two reboots and one sleep session. This problem spans two firmware versions (1.06 & 1.07) and I only upgraded to the later a few days ago. I had another K95 Platinum with brown keys right after launch and this wasn't an issue. That was a few CUE versions ago and this one has only seen v2.11.

It's not really a serious problem and three clicks gets me on my way, but my first 30 days is about up and if this is a hardware problem, the easiest remedy is for me to deal with the vendor. I don't really feel I have enough evidence to say one way or the other, so I was in part fishing to see if anyone else has encountered this problem.

I had about the same problem, conflicting profiles when I opened the cue utility engine. To solve the problem I created a folder in the cue utility and named it junk. I then moved the offending profile in there and my problem was solved.

OK, sporadic I can live with and suggests software is at the heart of the matter. As long as I can generally preclude a hardware problem with the on board memory, I am content for now. No problems since flashing the firmware again, so hopefully that did the trick.

• Corsair Employee

This problem usually occurs if something was changed on the HW Profile but it wasn't saved. For example, the HW profile may have been set to Rain but the Lighting selected was Spiral Rainbow but never saved to the keyboard.

However, there was a rare issue where sometimes the profiles on the keyboard could be corrupted (for whatever reason). To reset the profiles, simply hold PAGE UP and PAGE DOWN while re-inserting USB and this will trigger our fail-safe to rebuild the defaults in those HW profiles. I would also recommend you purge all of the HW profiles from the system prior to doing this so you can start from a clean slate.

This problem usually occurs if something was changed on the HW Profile but it wasn't saved. For example, the HW profile may have been set to Rain but the Lighting selected was Spiral Rainbow but never saved to the keyboard.

That would make sense, except that I was not using the HW profiles at all and had never modified them or tried to save new ones -- standard factory defaults. The next step seemed logical as well, but after wiping the memory the problem became worse and either the profile or something with the on board storage became corrupt and there was no lighting at all when CUE was inactive (boot, quit app, etc). I did not know the page up/down trick at the time. Regardless, flashing the firmware again appears to have resolved it. This was an each and every time kind of issue and it has not happened once since. I suppose timing is everything. I just noticed the new CUE 2.12 contains a one or two related notes. I am fairly confident it is not a hardware problem now, so that eliminates any urgency. Thanks.

Hey James,

This seems to be an ongoing issue for me. I have made it stop but does come back. the new CUE v2.12.66 also seems to have the same issues,. I have not figued out what triggers it, but it might have to do with switching non-advice and advance modes, then it starts back up again.

--update

ok I can reproduce this. I think I found the problem.

ok I cleared the onboard storage.

re saved each HW profile in advanced mode.

closing CUE compleatly and restarting CUE works fine every time (advanced mode.)

The I switch to non- advanced mode then just click on each hardware profile (no saving or anything) then switch back to advanced.

restart CUE boom profile conflicts with each HW profile.

I can reproduce this every time. this does happen in CUE v2.12.66 as well.

Damn, you are right. I had my error screen notice back this morning after upgrading to 2.12. I have been using basic mode the last few days as well. This time I only get one error notice and not one for each of the three hardware profiles. No special conditions necessary other than waking from sleep or booting and then making the CUE window active, when presumably the device is "re-detected".

EDIT: I rolled back to 2.11 and the behavior came along with it. It does the same thing, but like 2.12 now only gives one error message instead of three. I did not do a full clean and reinstall. This is minor glitch, now that the HW profile works on boot, in the BIOS, etc. This time, flashing the firmware in 2.11 did not resolve the issue. I should have left well enough alone.

• Corsair Employee
Hey James,

This seems to be an ongoing issue for me. I have made it stop but does come back. the new CUE v2.12.66 also seems to have the same issues,. I have not figued out what triggers it, but it might have to do with switching non-advice and advance modes, then it starts back up again.

--update

ok I can reproduce this. I think I found the problem.

ok I cleared the onboard storage.

re saved each HW profile in advanced mode.

closing CUE compleatly and restarting CUE works fine every time (advanced mode.)

The I switch to non- advanced mode then just click on each hardware profile (no saving or anything) then switch back to advanced.

restart CUE boom profile conflicts with each HW profile.

I can reproduce this every time. this does happen in CUE v2.12.66 as well.

Two questions:

1.) What FW are you using? Is it the latest (v1.07)?

2.) Did you try the EEPROM technique I mentioned above (and deleted all the profiles in %appdata%?

Thanks!

• Corsair Employee
Damn, you are right. I had my error screen notice back this morning after upgrading to 2.12. I have been using basic mode the last few days as well. This time I only get one error notice and not one for each of the three hardware profiles. No special conditions necessary other than waking from sleep or booting and then making the CUE window active, when presumably the device is "re-detected".

EDIT: I rolled back to 2.11 and the behavior came along with it. It does the same thing, but like 2.12 now only gives one error message instead of three. I did not do a full clean and reinstall. This is minor glitch, now that the HW profile works on boot, in the BIOS, etc. This time, flashing the firmware in 2.11 did not resolve the issue. I should have left well enough alone.

FW shouldn't affect 2.11 or 2.12. However you should be using 2.12. Try what I mentioned above again and do the EEPROM reset after you've deleted all the profiles in %appdata%. Make sure CUE is not running when you do both.

FW shouldn't affect 2.11 or 2.12. However you should be using 2.12. Try what I mentioned above again and do the EEPROM reset after you've deleted all the profiles in %appdata%. Make sure CUE is not running when you do both.

This was not a good idea. Now I do not get the error when bring up CUE, however that is most likely because there are no HW profiles and I am no longer able to save any type of profile to the device. I have lost the ability to use that function.

Two questions:

1.) What FW are you using? Is it the latest (v1.07)?

2.) Did you try the EEPROM technique I mentioned above (and deleted all the profiles in %appdata%?

Thanks!

I will do this later tonight. what do I win for bug tracking :P

Here we go.

--Confirmed that Keyboard has Firmware 1.0.7.123.

--Confirmed CUE 2.12.66 in use.

--Clear onboard storage using CUE.

--Closed CUE from taskbar

--Deleted all the profiles in %appdata%.

--EEPROM technique (hold PAGE UP and PAGE DOWN while re-inserting USB.)

--Started CUE.

--No Issues, but no HW profiles.

--Created 3 new simple HW profiles in advanced mode.

--no issues restarting CUE.

--switched to non-advanced mode and clicked on each HW profile (no saves no changes)

--switched back to advanced mode and closed CUE software from tasked bar.

--restarted CUE WH profile corruption back.

At this point I am calling this a full on bug. and very reproducible. my guess is that each mode is trying to save data somewhere and each mode is steeping on each other.

now to try and research other bugs.

Here we go.

--Started CUE.

--switched to non-advanced mode and clicked on each HW profile (no saves no changes)

At this point I am calling this a full on bug. and very reproducible. my guess is that each mode is trying to save data somewhere and each mode is steeping on each other.

Thanks for sharing. I don't think i'm going to go through the process if it didn't work for you. I'll just wait and hope the problem goes away in a later update.

Since I was no longer able to save basic profiles to the device, I did return the original K95P and they gave me a new one. This time it already had firmware 1.07 installed and sure enough, the same thing. Every time CUE is started, whether on boot, manual, or waking from sleep and re-detecting the device, it produces the save conflict error. It is now back to doing three times, once for each HW profile saved to the device. None of the profiles have been modified or used and it was fresh out of the plastic. On a side note, it now refers to the hardware profiles as K95 HW1 (2,3). Previously it was just HW1, HW2, etc. Not sure if that is CUE 2.12 change. I only had it going for 12 hours before the HW profile wipe.

That's OK. This is a minor inconvenience and I will wait this one out.

• 1 month later...
Hello

im from Germany...

here my video from the bug

once you flip it you have to clear all the HW profiles.

this is a software bug, and has nothing to do with the keyboard. replacing the hardware will do nothing.

• Corsair Employee
PG UP + PG DOWN should clear all onboard storage. Make sure you're updating the device first with latest FW. Then delete all of the HW profiles and do the EEPROM reset with PG UP and PG DOWN. If this still doesn't resolve it, PM me. I'll give you 2.14 and a new FW.

I don't know. This was a relatively harmless bug, nothing more than a minor nuisance. However, the troubleshooting seems to make things worse. My K95 Plat. no longer will display the original hardware profiles when CUE is not running or during boot up, pre-Windows and CUE. The HW 1-3 are there, display when CUE is set to basic, but the whole point is to have a lighting scheme that is usable when there is no CUE. There is something that needs to get worked out.

Here we go.

--Started CUE.

My first post! Just finished my new build a couple of weeks ago and just received my K95 Platinum, M65 Pro, and MM800 Polaris a couple of days ago. Just need a new monitor and I think it will be totally done (for now lol). This issue hit me on my first reboot after setting everything up.

After some troubleshooting I can agree with Zardoz66. It really is just as simple as this:

-The default profiles all light up in basic mode but in advanced mode the only lights are up on the profile switching keys.

-If you reboot (or close and restart CUE2) while the switch is set to advanced at any time regardless of what profile you are on then the next time you bring it to the foreground it tells you that the profiles don't match.

-If you switch to advanced and then overwrite the stored defaults with the same defaults again (this time they are being stored as advanced mode) then restart CUE2 it will not nag you. However, if you close and restart CUE2 while the switch is in basic mode regardless of the profile when you bring it to the foreground it thinks those defaults should be basic and you had stored them as advanced so it nags you again (although when you have advanced mode on the default profiles don't light anything up so it would be pointless to store them in advanced mode).

'1)

Select Case DefaultProfileHardwareStoredState

Case "Basic"

There are lights all over

Case "Advanced"

Only the profile switching keys at the top left light up

End Select

'2)

If StateToggleAtLastCUE2exit <> DefaultProfileHardwareStoredState Then

CUE2 nags on next launch

Else

no nagging!

End If

'3)

Yes I'm goofy with my own made up language based on VBA but I think it is easier to explain this way.

'4)

No biggie, I can wait for an update to fix it!

Archived