Corsair Community

Corsair Link 4 has stopped working. - Windows 10

Hex.

Hello,

I have recently acquired 3x LL140 RGB Fans and have set them up all correctly.

I've installed Corsair Link 4 and discovered that whenever I try to open it, after 20 seconds or so - it "stops working".

I'd appreciate some help as soon as possible.

Thanks~

Hex.

Are you running any other monitoring tools?

HWInfo? HWMonitor? EVGA XOC? Anything?

I'm not using any monitoring tools besides NZXT's CAM - which I uninstalled, making no difference.

I've added a screenshot of my startup services to help solve the problem.

gvaemm.png

Cheers :D

Hmmm ... doubtful that it's Razer. I'm running both Razer and SteellSeries without issues. Can you talk a look in C:\ProgramData\CLink4 to see if there are any log files in there?

I've checked the logs, and below is a paste from Client_Error.log:

I have also tried disabling and uninstalling Razer Synapse, SteelSeries Engine 3 aswell as Rainmeter - all with no success.

2018-01-29 17:25:45.6877 | 10 | ENTHOOEVOLV | 4.9.4.28 | App | ->

System.Exception: Can't start ManagementEventWatcher

at CorsairLink4.Common.PowerManagementWatcher.<Start>d__0.MoveNext()

--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---

at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncMethodBuilderCore.<>c.<ThrowAsync>b__6_1(Object state)

at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.WaitCallback_Context(Object state)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)

at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.System.Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem()

at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()

at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallback()

Cheers.

EDIT: The Lighting Node Pro works absolutely fine within Windows 7, which I have setup to tri-boot alongside Windows 10 and Ubuntu 16.04.

Sorry Hex.

But unluckily I don't use Corsair Link Software ::pirate:: to control my Corsair hardware :o: (this is the 4th year!!! :D:).

This is the reason I can't help you, now, with this problem, seems too software related :eek::confused:.

Wait and perhaps DevBiker ;): can help you to solve your issue.

Or wait Corsair support here ;)

Have a nice day!

Lic

Sorry Hex.

But unluckily I don't use Corsair Link Software ::pirate:: to control my Corsair hardware :o: (this is the 4th year!!! :D:).

This is the reason I can't help you, now, with this problem, seems too software related :eek::confused:.

Wait and perhaps DevBiker ;): can help you to solve your issue.

Or wait Corsair support here ;)

Have a nice day!

Lic

Sorry for the HiJack.

What do you use?

I've checked the logs, and below is a paste from Client_Error.log:

I have also tried disabling and uninstalling Razer Synapse, SteelSeries Engine 3 aswell as Rainmeter - all with no success.

2018-01-29 17:25:45.6877 | 10 | ENTHOOEVOLV | 4.9.4.28 | App | ->

at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncMethodBuilderCore.<>c.<ThrowAsync>b__6_1(Object state)

at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.WaitCallback_Context(Object state)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)

at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.System.Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem()

Cheers.

EDIT: The Lighting Node Pro works absolutely fine within Windows 7, which I have setup to tri-boot alongside Windows 10 and Ubuntu 16.04.

Hmmm ... interesting. It's happening when Link is trying to register for notification of power events. Let me see if I can dig into this a bit; it may also be something that we need to get Corsair's feedback on.

Hmmm ... interesting. It's happening when Link is trying to register for notification of power events. Let me see if I can dig into this a bit; it may also be something that we need to get Corsair's feedback on.

Thank you. :D

It would be good if you could just get a standalone version for only control of the Lighting Node Pro aswell as one for Fan Control etc.

Thank you. :D

It would be good if you could just get a standalone version for only control of the Lighting Node Pro aswell as one for Fan Control etc.

Well, that I can't do.

Interestingly enough, the exception is thrown when it's trying to start a pretty standard WMI notification query for a power management event. It tries to start this 50 times and then throws the exception that you see.

I can't think of any good reason why this would fail ... WMI is pretty standard stuff on a Windows system and it really shouldn't fail unless there's an underlying issue with WMI.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just ran into this same crash loop with Corsair Link 4. I can't seem to find the cause nor find a fix at the moment. The hardware seems to be 100% fine, easily controllable with SIV. Presumably DevBiker is right and it's an issue software sided. The crash seems to come from Link's background service that runs along side the client GUI.

2018-02-20 13:48:26.3345 | 9 | DESKTOP-816GVVS | 4.9.5.25 | App | ->

(no hijack, just adding along)

Interesting. We're starting to see some instances of this; I'm going to try to collect logs to see if there's a pattern.

This, however, is from when the service is attempting to attach to a WMI query that would notify it of a power event (sleep, etc) ... and it's failing (after like 50 tries or something crazy like that).

This really shouldn't happen ... unless your WMI database is corrupted - something that is far more common than one would imagine.

Can you take a look at this: https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/askperf/2014/08/08/wmi-repository-corruption-or-not/?

Interesting. We're starting to see some instances of this; I'm going to try to collect logs to see if there's a pattern.

This, however, is from when the service is attempting to attach to a WMI query that would notify it of a power event (sleep, etc) ... and it's failing (after like 50 tries or something crazy like that).

This really shouldn't happen ... unless your WMI database is corrupted - something that is far more common than one would imagine.

Can you take a look at this: https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/askperf/2014/08/08/wmi-repository-corruption-or-not/?

E-yup, that sounds about right then. I ran a wmidiag test yesterday and noticed a few WBEM_E_INVALID_CLASS errors along with a few others.

I'll attempt to repair the WMI repository when I get back from class.

I attempted around five different methods to repair/rebuild/reset the WMI repository, none of the methods worked -- WMIDiag consistently threw out fatal errors that point towards corruptions. This is really odd, because I even tried to invoke a whole repository rebuild, uninstalling anything not Corsair before doing so, and still the repo appeared to be corrupted.

Took one for the team and did a full system reset to scrub everything clean, essentially back to stock Windows. Corsair Link 4 of course works without flaw now.

Note; At the time I also had XTU installed, I noticed that it too stopped working properly (showing an alert and exiting out due to errors). Unrelated to Corsair but may be related to the WMI corruption.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys, I found this thread since my Corsair Link software stopped detecting my hardware, I recently installed the Asus AI Suite 3.

Corsair Link was working well before this, just wanted to report that the Asus software might be causing this issue, I'm uninstalling both and will report back what happens

EDIT: Uninstalled Ai Suite and restarted the PC, now the Corsair Link is working back to normal

https://prnt.sc/in8qyy

Hi guys, I found this thread since my Corsair Link software stopped detecting my hardware, I recently installed the Asus AI Suite 3.

Corsair Link was working well before this, just wanted to report that the Asus software might be causing this issue, I'm uninstalling both and will report back what happens

EDIT: Uninstalled Ai Suite and restarted the PC, now the Corsair Link is working back to normal

https://prnt.sc/in8qyy

Thanks! Yup ... AI Suite is often a suspect. Love the Asus hardware ... really dislike their software tools.

• 1 month later...
Just in case this helps anyone- I was also unable to uninstall/upgrade/install the latest Corsair LINK. I tried a variety of things and nothing worked. However this DID work for me: In the Windows 10 Virus and threat protection settings, I temporarily turned off "Real-time protection". As soon as I switched this off, I was able to successfully install Corsair Link (before I was getting the crash when running the installer). Hope this helps!

Archived