Corsair Community

SunBuns101

I bought an H100i today from Best Buy and installed it. I'm pretty sure I installed everything correctly and have checked multiple times. The fans turn on but the pump will not. No lights. No cooling. Just the fans.

The CPU temperature is insanely high when I boot up so it's obviously not running. It's not being picked up by iCue either.

I was not really paying attention when I plugged it in for the first time but I think there was a flash and a click from the pump. Does this mean it shorted out or does anyone else have this problem?

Which "H100i" is this? There are about 7 different ones with multiple different power delivery methods.

There's not much you can do about electrical issues. This probably needs to go back to BB as defective, but I would like to confirm if this is a SATA or MB header powered unit first.

Which "H100i" is this? There are about 7 different ones with multiple different power delivery methods.

There's not much you can do about electrical issues. This probably needs to go back to BB as defective, but I would like to confirm if this is a SATA or MB header powered unit first.

It's the H100i RGB Platinum with the 240mm

Ok, SATA powered for the Platinum series. There is no way to accidentally disable or cut voltage to the pump. However, watch out for SATA to molex adapters. Sometimes they don’t transmit all 3 voltage rails. If you’re using one, try a direct SATA connection.

Aside from that, it seems most likely the unit had some kind of internal electrical failing. A flash and a click doesn’t sound good.