Corsair Community

680X with front mount RGB strips?

Anthonyc813

I cannot find any examples on the internet. Can you have two Corsair RGB strips in the front face of the 680X with the LL120s?

I am not happy with cable management in my 570X and have 6 RGB strips with commander pro and nodes I want to transfer to another case. Is this possible or will I only be able to take 4 strips for the inside of the 680X?

That shouldn't be a problem and it is a relatively wide interior space. When I ran this box I kept my strips on the "motherboard wall side" in order to diffuse the light a bit more. Plenty of room there and on the door side.

sorry I meant the front of the 680X where the 3 LL120 are. I want two RGB strips running along each side like how I have in the 570X

if you remove the front filter, you could stick them on the fan bracket on either side, just with the strip magnets. otherwise you could stick them on the plastic frame in front of the filter.. but either way, the strips won't get diffused at all, just 20 LED hotspots, if you like the looks of that :)

• Corsair Employee

Hi Anthony,

You can take off the front panel and should be able to install the RGB strips on each side of the fans yes. That should give you the same look as you have on your 570x.

It might be a tight fit, but there should be room, and the fan bracket is made of steel so the magnets in the strip should still work: https://www.corsair.com/medias/sys_master/images/images/hc1/hd8/9190313197598/-CC-9011169-WW-Gallery-680X-RGB-White-04.png