Corsair Community

H100i Fan headers on DC why

electroPC

I recently payed for a PC build and was curious about my fan / cpu cooler setup. I noticed my H100i pro xt 's fan headers are connected to my DC front case fans (SP120)(case is 220T) rather than the ML120's that came with the cooler, which are installed on the top and back of the case. All my fans are set to DC on bios.

I trust the builders more than what little I know, but was just curious why this is the setup. Does it have to do with the radiator being installed in the front with the sp120's?

Thanks for indulging my curiosity.

That's someone trying to fit a square peg into a round hole. The fan controller on the XT and most all other AIOs is PWM. The front fans are DC and likely running at 100% all the time and don't respond to controls. The case came with the SP-RGB in the front and it is likely the best place for the radiator in the 220T. This was a way to keep the intended "RGB front look" while putting the radiator in the needed position. It is probably not optimal, but the only way without adding different fans or moving pieces.

Thanks for the fast response c-attack. Yes it does seem as though there is no where else fore the radiator to go. But why not simply attach the top ml120's to the aio fan headers, as both are pwm? Then place the 3 front sp120's to the mobo and set as dc, no need to move fans around. Or am I missing something.