Corsair Community

Corsair H100i wont fit in my case

jpaul10

corsair 465x, corsair h100i rgb platinum se cooler.

i cant fit the fans and radiator.

i have installed the H100i on top, but the fans hit the installed memory. i can fit them in but cant slid the fans down the 1cm or so toward the mobo so the mounting screws & holes line up.

is there a way around getting a whole new case?

i read about maybe swapping the three fans on the front for the space where im going to put these two? any other thoughts?

thanks for any suggestions.

A lot of users are going to run into this issue and the 460/465 cases are part of the general design trend for mid-towers with a somewhat shallow top. You need low profile RAM to get it up there. Even if you did, you might not like it up there. It gives the case a very top heavy look and most users wind up front mounting whether it fits on top or not.

For the front mount, you can secure the radiator behind the existing LL120 front fans. However, I am guessing you also have the white 465x which also has white LL up front vs the lower ~1700 rpm black versions. If so, you can leave the front fans where they are and put the radiator behind. If you have the lower speed version or are still in the building process, you move the included SE fans up there and relocate the case LL fans to the top. The Lighting Controller doesn't care which order they go in, but you may want all of the RGB wires on the case controller in this scenario. That will keep the effects sequential 1-6 rather than the Platinum acting as a separate controller for its 2 fans.