Corsair Community

ASUS ROG Crosshair Hero VIII (Wifi) kit compatibility

jmsalal

Hello all,

I purchased SKU# CMK64GX4M2E3200C16, which is 2x32 GB of Vengeance LPX 3200 MHz, 16 CAS. This was for a motherboard I had to return, as it wasn't Ryzen 5000 ready without dropping in an older CPU :-( Does anyone know if this kit is compatible with the ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (wifi) mobo? I only saw up to Crosshair VII Hero listed on Corsair's QVL. Incidentally, the kit I mentioned was listed as compatible for the VII. Is it a pretty safe bet that it'll work on the VIII (or the upcoming Crosshair VIII Dark Hero revision?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Ah, I see. So based on the boards listed on your site, there's an equal probability that a specific kit will work with a board of the same chipset? I've found it nearly impossible to locate memory from any AMD X570 board's QVL...

• Corsair Employee

The quality of the PCB, trace quality, and layout of those traces along with the quality of the integrated memory controller all determine if a kit is able to run on a specific motherboard. Then you have specific memory module layouts that are best suited for Intel based systems, some layouts that work for both AMD and Intel, and then modules designed specifically for AMD based systems.

The motherboard's memory QVL is the best place to start in order to determine a compatible kit of memory for your choice of motherboard and CPU especially for the AM4 platform as the boards have different QVL's depending on the CPU series being used due to the integrated memory controllers differing from one Ryzen series to the next.