Corsair Community

Graphite 780T HDD indicator light not working

MickG

I'm having an issue with the HDD indicator on the case will not light up at all.

I plugged my old case HDD led into the Mobo and it worked fine, I have used the connector strip AND flipped the cable both ways incase the +/- was flipped and still no HDD light.

I too the case back the the store after taking my components out and they attached a Mobo that was being repaired to it and it seemed to work fine. When I got back home no luck with my hardware.

Today I'm going back to the store today with all my hardware in it to see if they can make get it to work. I have already raised a Ticket with Corsair Support.

Can anyone give me any advice on anything else I should check?

Plug the HD L.E.D. into the Power L.E.D. pins on the motherboard. Does it light up correctly? You can also plug the Power L.E.D. to the HD L.E.D. pins as well and test if its either the motherboard or possibly a connection issue e.g. pins not making contact with the connector, etc.

Thanks Toasted,

After further examination today I found it to be the connector pins were damaged.

The guys at my local store MSY Fyshwick in Australia were great at helping me find it, mainly to make sure it wasn't the Mobo, then they replaced the case with the color I originally wanted.

I had white due to low stock, ended up getting black as the replacement which was a win also, I felt I needed to mention my local store as they are always so busy and get a bad rap due to people feel like they get bad service ..... Mine was great through the whole process.

Thanks again.

Archived