Corsair Community

swap keycaps K70 with K70 lux rgb

Dims

Yes. I have both, the K70 RGB and the newer K70 LUX RGB and they are interchangeable. I prefer the wider, brighter letters of the LUX, but the reversing of the display of the shift characters is annoying, especially if you "visually" type. Not so bad if you know your way around a keyboard.

Still, I have to wonder what genius thought it would be cool to reverse 50 years of standards... and how that got through a QC process is beyond me.

Also, the red textured keys from the palmrest/replacement accessory are far better looking than the dull gray ones that come with the LUX.

I have the older K70 with blue LED's. If i end up buying K70 lux rgb, i thought about swapping the caps.

Do you have a picture to show the issue with " reversing of the display of the shift characters".

but the reversing of the display of the shift characters is annoying, especially if you "visually" type. Not so bad if you know your way around a keyboard.

Still, I have to wonder what genius thought it would be cool to reverse 50 years of standards... and how that got through a QC process is beyond me.

me too! :roll:

I have the older K70 with blue LED's. If i end up buying K70 lux rgb, i thought about swapping the caps.

Do you have a picture to show the issue with " reversing of the display of the shift characters".

Look at the picture in this article (or any of Corsair's close-ups where the number key row is, or the character keys around the Enter key). See how the "(" is below the "9" ? Or the "/" is above the "?"

Or, I could just post it here (the one in the story is a HUGE image):

cosrair-k70-rgb-lux.jpg

I understand the reason, actually, looking at all the keys (as I use it, or in pictures one may find on the web), I can see that the character is lit on the top (upper / north?) part of the key, figuring the center of the key is the post for the switch, etc., the light is only really shining above that post. So if the #$% stuff were above the 345, then the shift-symbols would be brighter than the numbers.

There are, of course, solutions to resolve that in manufacturing, but they are likely more expensive. So we get some reversed keys.

Archived