Corsair Community

1.5.108 installation issue

Desk

When installing CUE 1.5.108 my computer freezes when trying to install driver 1/2.

K70 RGB

I have uninstalled and restarted and then attempted to re-install to no avail.

I have attempted to search for any mention of CUE or corsair in my registry to no avail.

I have tried installing the software while my keyboard is unplugged and plugged in to no avail.

I have tried to uninstall all of my keyboard drivers then install the software with my keyboard plugged in and not plugged in to no avail.

I have also attempted to delete the program files then restart/not restart and re-install to no avail.

I have also tried to install previous software versions and am having the same issue.

Tried to system restore to the 21st and did a scan to see what programs would be affected with the mention of CUE being affected. Did not work.

Deleting corresponding drivers in filerepository in Driverstore did not work either.

I had the previous software installed and functional before it asked me to update.

In order to get the previous version installed i had to uninstall all of my keyboard drivers. This time that is not working.

i5-2500k cpu

asrock z77 extreme 4 motherboard

Windows 7 64-bit

I may have overlooked something simple.

I have attached an image of the error i get when trying to start CUE after a failed install.

I have attached a second image (corsairror2) which i get when trying to uninstall an unrelated program.

EDIT: i have system restored (again) back to this afternoon right before i attempted to update CUE I am now getting a new error labeled "qterror"attachment.php?attachmentid=21546&stc=1&d=1429931827

attachment.php?attachmentid=21619&d=1430267011

11:14 est

I have tried to both repair and reinstall only to get stuck at the driver installation during both attempts.

At this point i'm lost, i am currently thinking about re-imaging my computer. I plan to save that as a last resort if corsair tech support is not able to help me with this issue (or if i get to tired of the 3000000 errors.)

corsairror.PNG.424eb98413d5b91a53156da88a09b719.PNG

corsairror2.PNG.83d303d37e961b42397fcae2e6ae7ddb.PNG

qterror.PNG.bdd9927d139e67245a47a8236aaa52cc.PNG

error.PNG.dd11d649ea5c00bc1fbdbcf19855b3b7.PNG

Do a system restore to a previous day and try to install the software again.

sorry, forgot to mention that. I have attempted that and failed, i will amend my OP.

In the system restore i scanned for the affected programs and it did mention that the latest update 1.5.108 would be affected. It still failed to remedy the issue.

• Corsair Employee
I hate to suggest it Desk, but I think you may have to reinstall Windows as the screenshots tell me the error, while occurring during a CUE install, may be related to Windows errors. Do you have admin privileges on your machine as well?

Hey lads,

thanks for all the suggestions and help (i even had a ticket open). I got tired of trying to fix the problem and used a work around instead. I still can't download CUE on my computer, but i went ahead and downloaded it on a different computer and then moved all the files to my computer. The way it was freezing on the driver installation leads me to believe that there is something wrong on my system as it wont let it install the driver portion and comes out with all of these weird errors. The driver folder in the corsair folder holds the x64 and x86 .sys files. I am leaning towards my system causing issue with the installation of those .sys files. I still can't view CUE in control panel and can only start it by going into the corsair folder.

I do not view this as something corsair should have to fix, instead it is something that i need to fix. As of right now i am running on the new firmware/software and while my profiles may be gone i can re-create those. I still can't view the program in control panel and can only start it by going to the corsair folder and starting the application from the folder.

Ill buy an SSD at some point, do a 7 pass wipe on my HDD and use it as a storage driver. Of course i will also be doing a fresh image on the SSD, no point in cloning something that will just mess me up.

Thank you for the suggestions gents/ladies.

EDIT: the most recent error i had before using the workaround is attached.

error.PNG.08c167dd763a7646343425b67d9ffe1c.PNG

I hate to suggest it Desk, but I think you may have to reinstall Windows as the screenshots tell me the error, while occurring during a CUE install, may be related to Windows errors. Do you have admin privileges on your machine as well?

Don't hate, appreciate!

Indeed i do have admin privileges, i will re-imaging at some point!

Thanks for your help.

Archived