The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Corsair Link

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 50 votes, 4.82 average. Display Modes
Old 10-01-2015, 10:12 PM
`~~`
wytnyt's PC Specs

POST ID # = 811696
wytnyt wytnyt Reputation: 159
Send a message via ICQ to wytnyt Send a message via AIM to wytnyt Send a message via Yahoo to wytnyt Send a message via Skype™ to wytnyt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_K View Post
My point is that they need a good/great architect to design the sw specs and should not have to rely on a forum.
Actually I think Corsair has to consider Forum issues and comments in order to develop a fully working product.,Theirs so many different user builds that everything cant be tested in a controlled situation .
Its easy to design for a few but totally different when designed for any situation and build.

Old 11-12-2015, 08:31 PM

POST ID # = 819730
CircuitWizardry Reputation: 21

It's been 9 months since Cool Guy said Corsair was fixing among other things, the need for users to hack the registry, and would provide firmware updates for the H80i and H100i to address USB connectivity and RGB LED color profile issues.

So I downloaded the latest, and installed in my Win10 system. Pretty much not expecting much. First step after install and reboot was me having to update the registry manually. I still don't get why Corsair doesn't at least write a guide and tell customers they'll likely have to do so. Then I checked to see if there was a fix for the LED's set to zero issue on my H100i. NADA!!!

At least I can count on some things in life... Corsair is keeping their past track record of over-promising and under-delivering!

My best solution for Link, is to uninstall the software, unplug the fan cables, and control them via ASUS QFan on my motherboard.

Last edited by CircuitWizardry; 11-12-2015 at 08:34 PM.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-12-2015, 10:19 PM
`~~`
wytnyt's PC Specs

POST ID # = 819751
Send a message via ICQ to wytnyt Send a message via AIM to wytnyt Send a message via Yahoo to wytnyt Send a message via Skype™ to wytnyt

Just have installed the newest version on a Pegatron m/b with the original H80
H80 is out of diapers and turning 3 1/2 next month
working good for me
Im just a lucky sob batting 5 out of 5
fingers xrossed...

Old 11-13-2015, 06:51 AM
cykadelic's PC Specs

POST ID # = 819788
cykadelic Reputation: 10
Default firmware wont update. registry entry doesnt work either

I figured out that inorder for my corsair link to detect the pump, i had to unplug the pumps power for a few seconds then plug ti back in. then the window for the firmware popped up. i said it must go ahead with the update and nothing happened. i since tried it again and now when i unplug the pump and plug it back in i only get this message.

"Corsair link has discovered new devices which require a reboot to finalize initialization. Click ok to reboot now or cancel if you would like to reboot later".

so i reboot and it pops up again when i open corsair link.
i reboot again. then the message doesnt popup.

if i go into my registry and edit the "AllowIdleIrpInD3" value to 1. then the same window pops up again asking to finalize initialisation and reboot......so frustrating.

also, when i plug the 3 pin (single cable) pump speed sensor into the motherboard cpu fan plug, it reads between 450-470rpm. i thought this thing was supposed to run 2000rpm.

Last edited by cykadelic; 11-13-2015 at 08:01 AM.

Old 11-13-2015, 11:23 AM
jvillaveces's PC Specs

POST ID # = 819837
jvillaveces Reputation: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by wytnyt View Post
Just have installed the newest version on a Pegatron m/b with the original H80
H80 is out of diapers and turning 3 1/2 next month
working good for me
Im just a lucky sob batting 5 out of 5
fingers xrossed...
Well everyone, here's the long term solution everyone has been waiting for: just go ahead and emulate those hardware specs to guarantee a stable environment where Link can work as expected!

Old 11-13-2015, 12:01 PM
Banned
red-ray's PC Specs

POST ID # = 819842
red-ray Reputation: 81

Quote:
Originally Posted by cykadelic View Post
also, when i plug the 3 pin (single cable) pump speed sensor into the motherboard cpu fan plug, it reads between 450-470rpm. i thought this thing was supposed to run 2000rpm.
Is this W10 TH1 or TH2? What build? I suspect TH2, see http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=152915.

Which cooler do you have? The H110iGTX + H100iGTX + H80iGT Asetek based coolers report the fan rather than the pump speed so ~460 would be OK. What does CL report as the Fan + Pump speeds?

Last edited by red-ray; 11-13-2015 at 12:06 PM.

Old 11-13-2015, 01:13 PM
`~~`
wytnyt's PC Specs

POST ID # = 819857

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvillaveces View Post
Well everyone, here's the long term solution everyone has been waiting for: just go ahead and emulate those hardware specs to guarantee a stable environment where Link can work as expected!
Actually you hit the nail on the head,I assume without even realizing it.
There's lots of builds that don't have issues ,If Corsair would look at what users have in their builds good and bad ones,,it would likely help isolate problems some are having.

Old 11-13-2015, 08:06 PM
Banned
red-ray's PC Specs

POST ID # = 819912
Thumbs down As soon as you install W10 TH2 you get more issues with CL

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvillaveces View Post
No, this will not help. Looking at http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=153369 and http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=153370 as soon as you install W10 TH2 you get new issues with CL that were not issues when W10 TH1 was used.

Last edited by red-ray; 11-14-2015 at 10:30 AM. Reason: Reword as TH1 has issues and TH2 has more

Old 11-13-2015, 08:43 PM

POST ID # = 819915

Quote:
Originally Posted by red-ray View Post
No, this will not help. Looking at http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=153369 and http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=153370 as soon as you install W10 TH2 you get issues with CL when on W10 TH1 there were no issues.
red-ray, you appear to have drunk the Kool-Aid, and even you are now corrupted!

No issues on W10 TH1? Come on, we both know even if you get Corsair Link to install, and it to make the registry edits correctly (which it often appears to fail at), there are still lots of bugs. It regularly decides to lose configs, firmware for some coolers have more issues than others, etc...

Old 12-11-2015, 02:18 AM

POST ID # = 824941

Quote:
Originally Posted by CircuitWizardry View Post
It's been 9 months since Cool Guy said Corsair was fixing among other things, the need for users to hack the registry, and would provide firmware updates for the H80i and H100i to address USB connectivity and RGB LED color profile issues.

So I downloaded the latest, and installed in my Win10 system. Pretty much not expecting much. First step after install and reboot was me having to update the registry manually. I still don't get why Corsair doesn't at least write a guide and tell customers they'll likely have to do so. Then I checked to see if there was a fix for the LED's set to zero issue on my H100i. NADA!!!

At least I can count on some things in life... Corsair is keeping their past track record of over-promising and under-delivering!

My best solution for Link, is to uninstall the software, unplug the fan cables, and control them via ASUS QFan on my motherboard.
Make that 10 months. Corsair has had plenty of time to fix the LED issues. Even if they couldn't fix the firmware, they could have at least written a work around that won't let users set the colors to two of the LED's zero at a time, but they can't be bothered.

I'd be willing to place a bet, that come a year, Cool Guy will still not have these things fixed. The truth, is that Corsair wants to say Link works, and use it as a selling point, but they just don't want to pay to really make it work!

Old 12-17-2015, 10:46 PM
ChriscomIT's PC Specs

POST ID # = 826176
ChriscomIT Reputation: 10

Any updates in sight Corsair?? Common are u sure? Just even talk with ur customers. Thanks!!!

Old 12-19-2015, 12:41 PM

POST ID # = 826449
eagle63 Reputation: 10

Corsair Link is the classic example of a hardware company trying their hand at software and discovering it's a lot harder than they thought. I don't know if they're doing it themselves in-house, or if they're contracting it out. But either way, there's a fundamental problem here: talent.

Old 12-20-2015, 01:20 AM
ross57412's PC Specs

POST ID # = 826519
ross57412 Reputation: 10

Quote:
Thank you for the status update. I feel this should be moved to it's own thread, made sticky and updated at least once per week.
i have to agree took me a while to find a link to this but glad i did and cannot wait for the upgrade was almost ready to trash the h 100i cooler and go with a kracken water cooler

Old 12-20-2015, 03:47 AM
Banned
red-ray's PC Specs

POST ID # = 826526
Question endless "reboot needed" popups?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ross57412 View Post
was almost ready to trash the h 100i cooler
Assuming you have a H100i rather than a H100iGTX to and get endless "reboot needed" popups from CL 3.2.5742 on W10 TH2 you could do I as specify in http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=822047 rather then waiting for a CL release with a fix.

Quote:
Originally Posted by COOL GUY View Post
Updated 2/11/15
I feel that after 10 months there should have been several status updates added to the first post of this thread.

Last edited by red-ray; 12-20-2015 at 04:29 AM.

Old 12-21-2015, 02:51 AM

POST ID # = 826654

Quote:
I feel that after 10 months there should have been several status updates added to the first post of this thread.
The absence of any updates from Cool Guy is very telling. It tells Corsair customers how valued they are. It gives us some great clues on what priority this has for Corsair.

Closed Thread