Corsair Community

RM 1000 no startup power, only works after jumper

Aids_Shredder

Gday all, ive had the rm 1000 in storage for year because I didn't find a solution to the problem back then. I would like to find a solution.

You have zero power thru put on initial stratup. Until you short pins 3-4 with a jumper. You can hear the psu tick over. After that its good for one post. It will run with no issues untill power is lost/reset. Then you have to jump it again.

Please let me know if you need more info.

I have tested this psu on more that six completely different builds over the years. Exact same result.

Thanks

Maybe my description was vague.

Yes...

You have zero power thru put on initial startup.

Disconnecting the pcmb and all other components to the PSU. Then jump the PSU under no load, but obviously connected to AC (pin 3-4). Reconnect pcmb and 8-pin (and whatever is needed for post). You gonna hear a click on jump and then it will have power thru-put. It will then work fine until power is reset/lost. On shutdown the same click is heard, seems to be some sort of protection circuit. You will then have to "jump start" it again else no power is put out to the PC.

• Corsair Employee

"power is reset or off"

You mean mains power, correct? So when AC is loss, the PSU will not start again until you jump the PS ON pin?

But you can turn the PC "off" in Windows and it will start every time, correct?

You said six different boards it has this behavior? All six boards the same kind, or...?

Hi Jonny, thanks for trying to help.

So when AC is loss, the PSU will not start again until you jump the PS ON pin? = Truth

But you can turn the PC "off" in Windows and it will start every time, correct?= Incorrect

No, I meant: even when you shutdown the pc within windows. The PSU will not have any power out (I have not measured with multi, but no indication or LED or fan power on pcmb or case or otherwise) until jumped. After shutdown you can hear a tick noise and then the unit is "dead".

You said six different boards it has this behavior? All six boards the same kind, or...?

No tested from ivy Z77 to current, MSI, Asrock and Asus.

I get the feeling this is a sensor related problem, that might stem from a faulty cable? Can you help me with a method that I might use to do some testing to identify the problem?

Maybe a quick video might clear allot of the question right up.

Beeg hug.

• Corsair Employee
Yes, that unfortunately does not help me.

I have had this psu maybe four years and I live in Africa. No one will assist with rma here.

Any advice on finding the fault? Can you send diagram on the components mentioned?

Thanks again.

Contact Corsair support.