Corsair Community

Cooling help for new build

Tom2501

I'm currently doing my 1st build in about 8 years and try as I might I'm having serious hair-pulling moments with the cooling setup... Here is a list of the case and fans

680X RGB case

3 LL120 front fans (That come with the case)

2 LL120 bottom fans

1 LL120 rear fan

1 H100i RBG platinum top-mounted AIO

Commander pro

2 led hubs

I can't finish the build until the new aftermarket 5700XT cards are released (waiting on the 5700XT Taichi if the rumors are true to go with my X570 Taichi motherboard) but would like to get the cooling sorted now and out of the way entirely

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Mmm I was hoping to find help with cable placement, Example would I connect the AiO directly to the MB and just connect fans to commander pro and RGB hub with having 7 cables for both power and RGB and having only 6 ports for power in the commander pro, The 1st and only time I built my 1st PC was many many years ago when RGB had not even been thought of and the sheer amount of wiring is daunting to say the least

No, leave the radiator fans on the Platinum's on board fan controller. It will still be controllable through iCUE and is the native source for control, thus it behaves with or without the software running. That leaves 6/6 for the Commander Pro.

The platinum cooler also has it's own onboard lighting controller (for 2 fan only). This means you could use just 1 RGB Lighting hub (6 fan lighting) + 2 on the AIO. However, the Platinum is a separate device so when you tell the 6 fans on the RGB Hub to turn blue, you will need to repeat the process on the AIO fan lighting. This is more of an issue when trying to run sequenced waves or channeled lighting effects that go in fan number order. The fans on the Platinum lighting controller will not be in that sequence. Even if you use a second RGB Lighting hub, you do need to give some thought to how you group them. Some fans will be on Ch1 and some on Ch2. Again not an issue for many lighting effects, but sequential ones are more difficult.

The lighting and power/control wiring systems are completely separate and one does not impact the other. However, it is a lot of wires. I had 9x140 going in a 740. The back end was getting to be a complete disaster every time I need to reconfigure the lighting.

• 5 months later...
Mmm I was hoping to find help with cable placement, Example would I connect the AiO directly to the MB and just connect fans to commander pro and RGB hub with having 7 cables for both power and RGB and having only 6 ports for power in the commander pro, The 1st and only time I built my 1st PC was many many years ago when RGB had not even been thought of and the sheer amount of wiring is daunting to say the least

Ok so there is this video: [ame]

[/ame]

Ignore his insulting never reads the manual comments, but he is right the RGB manuals are collectively completely useless. The single Corsair SP120 RGB fan came with a manual that HAS NO pictures of the FAN except on the cover. The Commander Pro instructions are even more suck-tacular.

Each fan has two cables Power (PWM)3 pin and an ARGB 4 pin. My case the Crystal x570 came with a Hub w/(6) ARGB ports. Also my case has an illuminated Corsair Power Supply Shroud which must ALWAYS be the last in the chain on the hub. So for my case i have (4) SB120RGB fans - they are plugged into the HUB 1,2,3,4 and then the Corsair case shroud light is 5. if I were to add a 5th fan, the Case Shroud light must be moved to 6 on the Corsair HUB as no devices lighting that are plugged in after this device on the HUB work in my system.

Since my Corsair Crystal x570se case came with corsair HUB installed with an RGB controller attached to it via the top 3 pin Corsair Cable, just as shown in the video, I removed this, again as shown, and connected that via the Corsair Commanders' included 3 pin cable to the LED Controller on the commander - LED port 1(or Lighting node pro if you dont have the commander) Prior to the purchase of the Commander Pro, I was using the PWM (3) pin power connectors on the Taichi x570 board, but have now relocated them to the commander pro. makes the build even cleaner.

If your AIO is a Corsair I strongly suggest using the Corsair Hub to drive the ARGB piece. Power should come from where ever the instructions indicate. I should also add that I the Taichi Asrock Polychrome sync RGB software crashes all the time on my system and so is NOT recommended, at least in my experience.

Edited by Luamche