Corsair Community

RM750x noise

afabrikant

Hi. A month ago I bought the new power supply unit. The only reason why I chose this particular one is its color - just matching the design idea. Did not care about gold/platinum.. cuz the PSU for $300+ is ridiculous.

After a few weeks, it started buzzing louder and louder, so now it producing noise at ~40db in the room. Not much. I agree. But it's so freaking annoying! And I don't know, how to deal with it: can I return it, or fix? Did anyone deal with this kind of issue?

Check out my video, where I'm showing how it looks and sounds like

[ame]

[/ame]

Thanks. Sorry for my English - I am not a native speaker.

• Corsair Employee
Hi. A month ago I bought the new power supply unit. The only reason why I chose this particular one is its color - just matching the design idea. Did not care about gold/platinum.. cuz the PSU for $300+ is ridiculous.

After a few weeks, it started buzzing louder and louder, so now it producing noise at ~40db in the room. Not much. I agree. But it's so freaking annoying! And I don't know, how to deal with it: can I return it, or fix? Did anyone deal with this kind of issue?

Check out my video, where I'm showing how it looks and sounds like

Thanks. Sorry for my English - I am not a native speaker.

That is NOT normal. There is no way that PSU should be making that much noise.

Is the power outlet the PC is plugged into Earth grounded?

Do you have something else on that same circuit that could be introducing EMI? Like a fluorescent light?

Well thats just a coil whine nothing can do about it, just learn to live with it.

I mean, every single PSUs, video cards, motherboards have coil whine, just some very inaudible, and others very loud.

This is not affecting the hardware in anyway, not performance, not lifespan, anything, just can be anoying , thats it.

My RM750 v2 has to coil whine on loads...also my VRM from my motherboard...but thats ok,

its just part of the desing, the condensadors are vibrating, and thats what produce the noise, thats it.

That kind of noise is the magic smoke hitting at the door trying to escape..

Sounds like 120Hz hum.. probably a fluke on the primary, clearly not normal

Seems that a filter on the primary bridge regulator is not filtering out the noise fully. After the bridge the sine wave is now doubled on the positive side. Then it is fed to a capacitor.

So a capacitor on the main input is damaged most likely.