Corsair Community

Connecting: 8 LLs + H115i

Goldbach

Hi,

Since I've been making quite some mistakes with preparing my set-up I'de like your help. Currently I have the following setup:

- Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic XL

- 8 LLs (including fans of H115Ii): 3 x 120 side, 2x140 bott, 2x140 top, 1x120 back

- 1 H115i

- 1 Corsair RGB Fan LED Hub

- 1 Lighting Node Pro

- MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC

I moved from a Fractal Design Define R6, which had a PWM hub. No I dont and I have additional fans. I ve been checking the schematics, but just want to be sure I am correct.

2 solutions:

To make sure I can control most of the FANS and RGB, I need additionally:

- 1 Commander Pro

Than I can connect 6 fans individually into CommPro, and to RGB hub. Connect CommanderPro to Mobo.

2 LLs seperately to MoBo

H115i to MoBo

Con: I will not controll at least 2LLs trough iCUE.

To make sure I can

control all the FANS and RGB, I need additionally :

- 1 Commander Pro

- 1 RGB Hub

- 2 Y PWM splitters

I connect 8 fans to both RGB Hubs (the amount of connection to HUB does not matter, only the order in the case and following the numbers without blank spots): 1-4 and 1-4 is OK right?

For cable management, I use PWM Y-splitters to connect top 140LLs to eachother and bott 140LLs.

Than I have 6(4x120 + 2x(2x140mm)) PWM connectors to connect Commander Pro.

Both hubs will be ported to LED 1 and 2 of Commander Pro.

I will not use Lightning Node Pro.

Connect Commander Pro to Mobo

Connect H115i to Mobo

Are both solutions correct?

If you want software control over the fan speed, you need a Commander Pro. This will also serve as lighting controller and replace any Lighting Node Pros you have from the LL multipacks. The exception is the “H115i” has its own fan speed controller for its two fans. That reduces the number that need the Commander from 8 to 6 and eliminates the need for splitters.

You will need two RGB Lighting Hubs to break up the 8 RGB fans for lighting. It does not matter if you do 4+4, 5+3, or 6+2 as long as you go sequentially on each hub. The two hubs will go into Commander channels 1 and 2 will act like two separate programmable units. For that reason, group the fans by how you want the lighting to behave (Side/top/back and bottom 2, bottom/side and top/rear, etc).