Corsair Community

when were those RAM Vengeance sticks made?

corsican

question's in the title

need someone from Corsair to tell me the manufacturing date of a pair of RAM sticks

since there's no site where we can input the numbers written on the sticks (it'd be a useful feature btw some manufacturers do it) I'm asking here

those are the sticks:

a87118c4ee58af5d873bdf4d93f330c59783aa40.jpg

when were they made?

edit> the long string of digits on those sticks reads 173905797370987

Edited by corsican

They were released in early 2013, so they could be as much as 6 years old. I'd be surprised if they still manufacture them now as DDR3 is old tech. My guess would be somewhere in the 3-6 year old range. They are revision "A" which would seem to suggest they are older rather than newer.

They were released in early 2013, so they could be as much as 6 years old. I'd be surprised if they still manufacture them now as DDR3 is old tech. My guess would be somewhere in the 3-6 year old range. They are revision "A" which would seem to suggest they are older rather than newer.

I meant those sticks in particular in the pic not the model

there's a whole buncha numbers maybe some of them indicate the manufacture date?

Edited by corsican

Hello Corsican,

May I ask why you would need the manufactured date?

Best,

Wootaru

?there can be different reasons but I need to have an idea of their age (considering buying them from someone at a bargain & this here pic is part of the ad. they propose to rerun a memtest to prove they're OK but that's not enough)

they also claim it was bought recently (last year) so another reason to double check

so when were those specific sticks manufactured?

Edited by corsican

IIRC, tools like CPU-Z can often tell you that.

And ...posting the same question in multiple sub-forums isn't cool, dude.

NO REPEAT POSTS.

If no-one answers your question, bump it (only once every 24 hours) rather than posting it again. Please don't post the same question in every forum. If necessary, a staff member will move it to the appropriate area. If you think a post is in not in the right area, please post this in the thread, or PM an administrator for it to be moved, or better yet, hit the Report button to bring it to the attention of the staff. It is useless to bump a post made after Corsair's business hours if they have not even seen your post yet. Reading the same thing over and over again is the best way to annoy people and the worst way to get answers.

IIRC, tools like CPU-Z can often tell you that.

And ...posting the same question in multiple sub-forums isn't cool, dude.

awesome! I just need to buy them first so I can maybe get the info then

as for the sub-forums it's not quite the same question the wording differs somewhat between the 2 threads :|

anyway I posted in both that's cause I didn't know which section to pick & both seem appropriate

that's why I didn't post it eg. in the SSD or PSU section

Edited by corsican

awesome! I just need to buy them first so I can maybe get the info then

as for the sub-forums it's not quite the same question the wording differs somewhat between the 2 threads :|

anyway I posted in both that's cause I didn't know which section to pick & both seem appropriate

that's why I didn't post it eg. in the SSD or PSU section

Perhaps have the seller run CPU-Z?? I mean ... they said that they'd do a memtest for you, right?

Perhaps have the seller run CPU-Z?? I mean ... they said that they'd do a memtest for you, right?
you're right he said he'll run 1 pass (cause more takes too much time he says but I'd be good with 1 pass) so I can mention cpuz that's an idea

though after some checking apparently cpuz doesn't always give that info it depends on ram brand or even model within that brand

sometimes it gives other things instead like "part number" & "serial number" I reckon those are codes already written on the sticks so that ain't much help

hence why I'm curious if whatever codes are written on those sticks also contain the manufacture date