Corsair Community

Upgrading the Corsair One

randomwaffleify

Greetings mates!

The Corsair One website says that the Corair One is future-proof, uses standard components and will grow with you. However, most videos I have seen on the Corsair One says it is not user-upgradable. So how would you upgrade it? Do you need to send it to Corsair for upgrades?

Thanks,

Marilyn

From what I gather, if you want to keep your warranty, yes. You would need to send it in to have Corsair or an approved/authorized repair faciity upgrade it for you.

With the troubles with upgrades I am holding off my purchase until the TI version is available here in Norway. (hopefully not too long to wait Corsair... But, only 1 company is even stocking the regular version so you never know)

• 4 months later...

Technically incorrect...you won't void your warranty for upgrading your Corsair One on your own, as long as you are only upgrading certain components. For right now, you can replace/upgrade the RAM, SSD, and HDD without voiding the warranty...but, there ARE certain conditions that apply. In the future, they might (although, don't count on it) DIYers to self-upgrade other components. For more information, go to:

http://www.corsair.com/en-us/landing/corsair-one-upgrade

Archived