Corsair Community

3 x RMA keyboard chatter / key duplication / for real ?! - K95 RGB Platinum

JimmyApp

Bought my first corsair keyboard 4 months ago, K95 RGB Platinum ...

After few months of use, I experienced key duplication on different letters, went to the shop and they tested and confirmed this issue. They gave me a new one.

(shopkeeper says, never seen this before)

My second keyboard ...

3 weeks usage ... experienced same issue (on different keys)

Went to the shop, and they gave me another new one.

(shopkeeper says, yeah have seen it before on some)

My 3rd keyboard ...

2 weeks usage ... same problem again, and again on other keys!

--

All keyboard tested on the latest firmware (1.07.123), CUE software (2.20.72), tested without CUE, on different computers, etc...

This is seriously an amazingly frustrating for a keyboard with this price ticket.

Is this for real?

• Corsair Employee

3 RMA's in a short time is not normal. Which switches do you have for the K95 Platinum? Also, have you tried using Intel USB ports for your motherboard to connect the keyboard?

We can have you send the keyboard in directly to us for replacement. You can do this by submitting a support ticket, and one of our Technical Support staff can help you with the replacement:

http://support.corsair.com/

Hi Nick,

I have Cherry MX brown

2 keyboards I had and the one I have now (so 3 in total with the exact same issue in 4 months). These were brand new once, each time (I unboxed them myself). They work a specific amount of time perfectly, until the chatter appears.

Like mentioned, each keyboard is tested on different computers, with an without CUE software, even by the shop owner, on his computer.

First keyboard worked for a few months perfectly, second one few weeks, third one few weeks.

If this was my hardware, why would it work perfectly when I plug in a brand new one?

What would be the difference if I need to ship this keyboard overseas (and then wait 2 weeks for a new one), then another new one from the shop I bought it?

I do not double post, I replied to a post I experienced the same issue http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?p=930090#post930090

This time I took screenshots!

How about answering my posts with a sensible answer instead of deleting posts? Renewing my keyboard. This is already my 3th new one in 4 months.

I see how you guys handle a complaint.

Really unprofessional behavior, I'm sorry.

(PS if you delete my replies again (which you do not have any reason for btw, since I reply polite and with correct information), I'll take this to platforms and social media where you don't have access to delete them. That will be by your own doing then.

FgJHrf6.png

gSVOq1l.png

• Corsair Employee
Hi Nick,

I have Cherry MX brown

2 keyboards I had and the one I have now (so 3 in total with the exact same issue in 4 months). These were brand new once, each time (I unboxed them myself). They work a specific amount of time perfectly, until the chatter appears.

Like mentioned, each keyboard is tested on different computers, with an without CUE software, even by the shop owner, on his computer.

First keyboard worked for a few months perfectly, second one few weeks, third one few weeks.

If this was my hardware, why would it work perfectly when I plug in a brand new one?

What would be the difference if I need to ship this keyboard overseas (and then wait 2 weeks for a new one), then another new one from the shop I bought it?

Based off of what you have presented for troubleshooting, replacing it direct with us is the next option. There are any number of scenarios that could have occurred, but at this time we feel its the appropriate resolution.

Thanks you for the reply Nick,

However, what I do not fully understand, "what would be the difference if I need to ship this keyboard overseas (and then wait 2 weeks for a new one), then another new one from the shop I bought it?"

That would mean all keyboard in my country are affected?

3 times in a row, each a brand new one is not really coincidence I believe.

• Administrators
How about answering my posts with a sensible answer instead of deleting posts? Renewing my keyboard. This is already my 3th new one in 4 months.
Nick has already responded to you asking that you create a support ticket so that our support ticket can assist you. It doesn't look like you've created a support ticket yet. Please do so so that our support team can assist you.

I do not double post, I replied to a post I experienced the same issue
You're bringing up your experiences with one model in threads regarding other models. If you see a similar thread regarding your model and are contributing to the discussion, by all means add to the discussion. But taking a thread off topic helps no one.

Ow, you deleted my other replies again.

Suit yourself, you ask for bad commercial, you will get it :)

"But taking a thread off topic helps no one" ?

How about a sensible reply on this again ... asking for the 4th time:

Before you guys force somebody to send the keyboard overseas !!

You know what, never mind. I'll bring it back again for the 3 time and just get me another brand.

If you guys can't even answer an easy question like this (or is it hard for you). The brand is not worth my money.

I'll get myself a 40 dollar keyboard, that can do what it needs to, typing without chattering. Because this 200 dollar one can't (after using 3 brand new ones, they chatter after certain amount of use)

Best regards

Time....

If you can return to to where you bought it from then do so... it's the quicker option but not everyone can do that hence you would then head to Corsairs support... you are only 'forced' to ship direct to corsair if you bought direct from corsair or once your initial place of purchase cant/wont help.....

and best advice i can give you is.. be nice... its nice to be nice.... no one wants to help someone that's on one and not listening to advice given...........

Time....

If you can return to to where you bought it from then do so... it's the quicker option but not everyone can do that hence you would then head to Corsairs support... you are only 'forced' to ship direct to corsair if you bought direct from corsair or once your initial place of purchase cant/wont help.....

and best advice i can give you is.. be nice... its nice to be nice.... no one wants to help someone that's on one and not listening to advice given...........

You think it's nice to delete my messages?

This is my 3th keyboard, already got 2 new once from the shop I bought. Same problem every time after a while.

Read before your reply FFS!

I did,, hence the reply to your question..

Time....

I guess you don't want to see any positive reply's?

So on that note

Straight back at ya buddy...

only trying to help and you saw fit to try and shoot me down in flames.. nice dude... nice.

• Corsair Employee
Ow, you deleted my other replies again.

Suit yourself, you ask for bad commercial, you will get it :)

"But taking a thread off topic helps no one" ?

How about a sensible reply on this again ... asking for the 4th time:

Jimmy, we're not disagreeing that there is an issue, and we're all working to correct it. By going direct with us for the replacement, there are a couple of options the technical support agents can extend such as testing the replacement unit first, and express RMA. I recommend submitting a support ticket to get the issue resolved.

Zotty, you still did not read my question :D:

Thank you Nick, that answers my question.

"support agents can extend such as testing the replacement unit first" ...

It's not immediately the units have it (the 3once I got), I got it after 1 or 2 weeks usage, but ok.

I submitted a ticket yesterday, will wait kindly for a solution. (I'm endlessly tired of backspacing :laughing:)

Many thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived