Corsair Community

Corsair Vengeance with Asus M5A99X EVO

Vancentury

I am having significant trouble getting my new system to work. I had to get a new motherboard to upgrade to DDR3 RAM, but it hasn't worked out.

I have got all connections as they should be, but the warning light for the RAM stays on constantly and nothing but an error message shows on my monitor - "No signal detected."

I have checked the motherboard manual and the website for compatibility with this RAM, and they both check out as positive.

I am using 2x4gb modules of Vengeance, and have tried putting them in different positions of A1-B2 slots. I have also tried pressing the button on the motherboard for the system to automatically sort the compatibility, but nothing changes after the 30* second test.

Need more info? Feel free to ask, or look on my profile at specs. Please help.

I tried clearing the BIOS, and have also tried some different RAM (CM3X2G1600C9DHX) and also a different graphics cards, incase that was the problem. I got it working once earlier, but then it stopped again and gave me the same error. I have a feeling that either the RAM or Motherboard I just bought is faulty

• 1 month later...

Found out that the ram was faulty. Sent it back, got a new pair. Everything worked fine for a couple of days APART from the fact that my mobo was only finding 4gb of the 8gb.

I tried moving the ram around different slots to sort this problem, but this just took me back to where I started. The d-ram led is now lighting up again and I don't know how to fix it.

Is there any way to sort it? I don't know if the mobo is faulty; as I said, it worked absolutely fine for 2 days. The light starting showing again when I moved the ram from A2/B2 to A1/B2.

Archived