Corsair Community

I think the USB Port on my H115i Platinum might be busted

hvgotcodes

I've been struggling to get my H115i AIO to show up in iCue, or just in as a device in Device Manager or USBDevview. I have other threads on this on these forums.

I was tinkering tonight -- I went into my BIOS and turned the Q Fan control (Asus motherboard) off for the CPU Fan, made sure that handoff setting was enabled, etc.

Then on one forum thread someone suggested trying a different USB cable, like grabbing an standard micro-usb cable and plugging it into the pump, then into an external USB port. As soon as I touched the USB cable that came with the AIO it popped up in iCue.

I restarted my computer, and it's gone, and I can't get it back. I tried swapping the cable, changing the USB header into which I plugged it, everything.

Given that I got it working once by just shifting the cable attachment into the pump ever so slightly, and haven't been able to get it back, is it possible the USB port on the pump is just busted?

Most likely, however, first I would try hooking up a long standard cable between the pump USB port and a laptop, with the PC powered up, just to see if Windows detects it on the laptop.

Hmm, I only have Apple laptops; this is the only windows computer in the house.

It does sound possible that the USB port is busted. Or at least one of the connections is, which is effectively the same thing.

DevBiker, any recommendations on how to absolutely be sure?

The other thing is I was thinking of swapping this, as a 280mm radiator, with a 240mm, as it's very tight in the case and restricting some cable access in the grommets along the top of the case.

Do you have a recommendation for a 240mm AIO?